Headliner Molding Tape

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
SJTD

Headliner Molding Tape

Post by SJTD »

Anyone know where to get that textured tape on the headliner molding?

I'd rather replace it than paint it if the same stuff is available. And is good quality. Mines still in adhered and in perfect shape after 30 years. Just the wrong color.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

letank

Re: Headliner Molding Tape

Post by letank »

SJTD wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:56 am Anyone know where to get that textured tape on the headliner molding?

I'd rather replace it than paint it if the same stuff is available. And is good quality. Mines still in adhered and in perfect shape after 30 years. Just the wrong color.
Tape? pict, plz... is it the strip between the passenger and cargo area?
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

I think he’s talking about J shaped “channels” that run both sides from windshield to tailgate above doors and support the headliner from the side. They are thin metal covered by some sort of textured vinyl, but I have no idea where to get same material if it’s available

Strip between cargo and pass area is molded plastic, I don’t think it has any kind of tape
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

Topic author
SJTD

Post by SJTD »

What Sirrus said.

I'd rather not bother painting the old stuff if I can find a suitable replacement that'll work on the front and rear too. And center for that matter.

I'm glad Letank asked, though. I'd gotten the other four pieces down off the shelf and with my luck I'd have forgotten the divider until I was done painting them.
Last edited by SJTD on Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

letank

Post by letank »

We learn everyday, I have never taken these pieces down.

Good to know that they are covered with some "material". I will be more careful when I remove or install the headliner.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)