spoiler or not - '91 Grand Wagoneer

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
jmalcolm

spoiler or not - '91 Grand Wagoneer

Post by jmalcolm »

Hey Folks,
I am restoring our '91 GW. It is missing the spoiler and I am not planning on replacing it because I don't really like the look of the spoilers. Instead, I will just fill the holes and go without. The jeep has a 2" lift and a few internal modifications (shoulder straps added to rear seatbelts) but otherwise is stock. Is there any real reason to be a purist about this and replace the spoiler? If the next buyer cares that much, it seems like an easy job to put one on. I care about resale but don't plan to let it go anytime soon.
Opinions (informed and uniformed) welcome.
Thanks!

SJTD

Re: spoiler or not - '91 Grand Wagoneer

Post by SJTD »

The intent was to keep the back window cleaner. Idunno if it worked. I'm not impressed with how it looks.

It's your car so go without. Could hold onto it in case you sell the vehicle to someone who cares or sell it to a restorer who needs one.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

will e

Re: spoiler or not - '91 Grand Wagoneer

Post by will e »

Greetings and welcome to the forum. Generally a potential buyer won't care unless you are selling it as a low mileage unrestored cream puff.

Post some pics!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge