Comparing Oil Pressure Gauges ...

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Comparing Oil Pressure Gauges ...

Post by Fast79Chief »

Just wanted to let the interested followers of my previous Thread on 'Dash Oil Gauges' know that I'll be continuing the gauge comparison and testing and will post my results as they come in.
Unfortunately my previous Thread had to be closed by Admin because of a member TROLLING my postings. I will not be harassed by a Troll who has no Board manners. I cannot understand why anyone would be so ignorant as to make personal attacks against a member who is doing research on a known defect with these AMC oil systems. ???

Makes no sense to me, but I have to say ... if any member has a problem with the content of my Posts ... and the post is NOT in violation with Forum rules ... please exercise your right to 'Walk on By' without taking negative personal 'potshots', and not ruin it for everyone else who is genuinely interested. There are RULES against that stuff. If I have to be 'Mr. Nice Guy' ... then I think it only fair that everyone else complies too.

I guess somebody didn't get that toy they really wanted for Christmas again ??? lol

The parts are on order for the mechanical hookup, I'll keep you posted on the results.

Thanks friends, and Merry Christmas!!
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

marc

Re: Comparing Oil Pressure Gauges ...

Post by marc »

Something to consider, I had a damaged CVR and did the replacement circuit which did drive the gauges but showed low oil pressure and weird fuel gauge readings. On the advice of folks here, I made a variable resistance box and calibrated it against my meter. The results of checking the gauge against known resistance were eye opening. The resistance that should have generated a high reading presented 20 psi too low. But the mid-range resistance generated too high an oil pressure.. Installed a mechanical, may not be the most accurate but at least the readings make sense.
J10 1984, very stock with AMC 258.
Truck appears to have been rebuilt or restored at one time

AccrateDelivery

Re: Comparing Oil Pressure Gauges ...

Post by AccrateDelivery »

I agree. Mechanical gauges are the way to go.