Anyone have a paint number?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Swbtwo

Anyone have a paint number?

Post by Swbtwo »

I’ve search for specifics without success. I’m looking for the tan or beige paint used on the dash in 1982 (J10 fwiw). I’ve yet to find a paint sample sheet with a number and it doesn’t appear to be in the parts catalogue. If no one here has a number I’ll take the glovebox door to a specialty paint place.

1986 Grand Wagoneer
1982 J10 4.2 equipped, 4 speed
South East USA

tgreese

Re: Anyone have a paint number?

Post by tgreese »

The '80 parts catalog shows only Jeep part numbers for spray cans for most of the colors. BTW there are three variants of tan or beige for 1980, and two of what appears to be a brown shade. Suggest you need the trim code for the exact name of the interior color, then you might find it in a complete parts book that covers 1982. If it's like the earlier book, there is no Ditzler or other codes given for nearly all of the interior colors. NB the '80s parts books posted on the Tom Collins site can be helpful but are not complete, in my experience.

Really, what I'd do is take the glove box door to my local automotive paint store and ask them to match the color using their machine. Possible one could get either a quart or spray cans, and then respray the whole dash.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Topic author
Swbtwo

Re: Anyone have a paint number?

Post by Swbtwo »

tgreese wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:59 am The '80 parts catalog shows only Jeep part numbers for spray cans for most of the colors. BTW there are three variants of tan or beige for 1980, and two of what appears to be a brown shade. Suggest you need the trim code for the exact name of the interior color, then you might find it in a complete parts book that covers 1982. If it's like the earlier book, there is no Ditzler or other codes given for nearly all of the interior colors. NB the '80s parts books posted on the Tom Collins site can be helpful but are not complete, in my experience.

Really, what I'd do is take the glove box door to my local automotive paint store and ask them to match the color using their machine. Possible one could get either a quart or spray cans, and then respray the whole dash.
That's the plan now. I'm pulling it out to take care of a few issues and will paint it while it's out. Thanks.
1986 Grand Wagoneer
1982 J10 4.2 equipped, 4 speed
South East USA