Another “ID my Springs” Thread

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Jeepin' Pete

Another “ID my Springs” Thread

Post by Jeepin' Pete »

Hey guys, looking for some help identifying my springs. Previous owner said it had a 2” lift, and I think he’s right judging by the stance; this is with 30x9.50 tires:

The front springs have 7 leafs, are not tapered, and have anti-friction pads between the leafs (not sure if this was stock or not).

The rears are not tapered either, except one leaf, which makes me think AAL. There is also a 1” block adding to the height.

Any ideas?
I think the Rancho RS44044 front springs only have five leaves, but stock have 7 - this looks to high to be stock. Are there any other 2” brands? I kind of doubt one of the previous owners would put BJ’s springs on it based on the quality and expense of the other components I’ve found.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1990 Grand Wagoneer
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16762

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Another “ID my Springs” Thread

Post by Stuka »

I am thinking add-a-leaf front and rear. In the front you can see one leaf that is more black than the others. And the spring clip has had its rivet removed. Only reason to do that is to add a leaf.

They could also be custom springs, but I don't know of any lift springs that use 7 leaf packs. The rear is definitely an add-a-leaf.

Your Jeep looks a little higher than stock, but not much.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Jeepin' Pete

Re: Another “ID my Springs” Thread

Post by Jeepin' Pete »

Stuka wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:32 pm I am thinking add-a-leaf front and rear. In the front you can see one leaf that is more black than the others. And the spring clip has had its rivet removed. Only reason to do that is to add a leaf.

They could also be custom springs, but I don't know of any lift springs that use 7 leaf packs. The rear is definitely an add-a-leaf.

Your Jeep looks a little higher than stock, but not much.
I didn't realize an add-a-leaf was an option for the front, but Rusty's has a kit which does front and rear with an AAL.
Thank you!
1990 Grand Wagoneer
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16762