Front spring pins and plates

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
76j10build

Front spring pins and plates

Post by 76j10build »

My son and I put on new rough country 3 inch lift springs on his 76 j10 quadratrac yesterday. The springs are on but we have not attached the axle to the springs. We have looked all over trying to get the correct inflation on a few things - I have a few questions.

1. There is a thin plate that was between the axle and the spring, on the driver's side it has the steering stabilizer mount. With these plates in, the locator pins seem too short. Is this normal? Should I try to get longer ones? (The pins are just bout flush with the top of the plates, so won't engage the axle. The pins appear to be the same length as the ones on the old springs.)

2. I am trying to put new bottom plates on that have the sway bar connectors. It seems these would replace my bottom plates, but I have seen pictures / threads where it seems there are 2 bottom plates, like they put the ones with the sway bar mounts on them, then put on plates that appear to be like the ones I currently have. Orhers seem to just have the plates like my new ones, that is, just the plate with the sway bar connectors as the bottom plate. Can anyone enlighten me on this?