'89 GW does it have a transmission with vacuum modulator?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
MReno

'89 GW does it have a transmission with vacuum modulator?

Post by MReno »

Can anyone tell me if the transmission on my automatic '89 Grand Wagoneer has a transmission with vacuum modulation?
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Newbee to owing an old classic that needs some work, but she runs!

rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: '89 GW does it have a transmission with vacuum modulator?

Post by rocklaurence »

It is a TF/TC 727 and doesnt have a vacuum modulator. It instead uses a Line Pressure linkage that is connected to the carb.

will e

Post by will e »

The linkage on the carb looks like a 'kick down' but it's not used as a kick down.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
MReno

Post by MReno »

Any pics to help me visualize...?
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Newbee to owing an old classic that needs some work, but she runs!

will e

Post by will e »

This is my 'fabrication' it on a holley truck avenger carb. The cable connected to the top of the linkage is the gas. The coat iron metal thing connected at the bottom of the linkage is the TV. It's partially blocked by the throttle return spring. If you zoom in you can see the TV also has it's own return spring. The TV can actually 'slide' on its linkage up to the part where the upside down 'U' in the bottom will stop it.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge