2" Front Quick Connect Hitch Mount?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Fast79Chief

2" Front Quick Connect Hitch Mount?

Post by Fast79Chief »

Has anyone built a front hitch quick connect mount to the frame on one of our FSJ's yet?
I'm looking to build something that will be basically hidden except for the 2" receiver sticking out. I'd like to get some ideas for attaching the framework to the truck if I could.
Here's where I'm at right now.

Thanks,
Fast

Image79pignosegrill by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/165552653@N02/]
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: 2" Front Quick Connect Hitch Mount?

Post by rocklaurence »

Ive got a hitch setup but it requires the FSSR to mount it. However, if your wanting to build something, get a universal receiver mount from Harbor Freight and attach it to the front frame xmember. You can build it as Strong/heavy as needed to fit your needs.
https://rocklaurencevintageautoparts.co ... iver-hitch

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

rocklaurence, I'm not seeing how the ends of the front receiver hitch in your link connects to the frame of the jeep? How do those sharp angles at the ends connect to anything? Can you explain the connection there please? I intend to use the receiver as a winch recovery point so it has to be very strong.

Thanks,
Fast
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

RamJetFSJ

Post by RamJetFSJ »

That hitch only works with his shackle reversal kit. There’s nothing for it to connect to without it.
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

RamJetFSJ wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:30 am That hitch only works with his shackle reversal kit. There’s nothing for it to connect to without it.
Yes, exactly
I have a completed kit with rear lift here but you can also just order the FSSR and Receiver to save some cash: https://rocklaurencevintageautoparts.co ... iver-hitch

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

Once again asking ... Does the receiver hitch with the angle cut ends WELD to the FSSR shackles??
My question is how do the two of them connect to each other. Bolt together, weld together, super glue ??? This is the question I am asking. Hopefully someone will understand my words.
Thanks.

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Sure, the FSSR provides a flat surface to mount the Receiver to. Plus, there is a center bracket on the Receiver that ties to the frame crossmember. The 3 points connect to the FSSR and frame with 6 3/8" fasteners. However, if your using it for a winch or Extraction point, you should tac-weld the system in-place in addition to the fasteners. I can send you a set of installation instructions via email if you like.

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Or you can watch the video, the Receiver is shown towards the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68pzn4Bj9PU

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

Ok rock, I understand now. Thanks for the info.