Hydro Boost 77 Cherokee

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
MGoins

Hydro Boost 77 Cherokee

Post by MGoins »

Hey Guys doing a ls swap on a 77 Cherokee. I've got a whole 2500 Chevy and want too use the hydro boost out of it. I've google my rump off and cant find the "Elliot" that sales the adapter plate. Found a few on ebay but the holes appear symmetrical and the fire wall on the Cherokee is far from symmetrical. Does any one have the link to the correct one? ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kris

Re: Hydro Boost 77 Cherokee

Post by kris »

Elliots website, custompowerbrake dot com has been down for a few months but he still lists product on eBay.
Do a search for custompowerbrake, or sterlingworth16 and you should be able to find him.

k.
89 Wagon, SOA, 35's...
IFSJA join date - July 5th, 2000

Originally Posted by JeepinPete
-If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all-

Topic author
MGoins

Post by MGoins »

Appreciate that Brother

Topic author
MGoins

Post by MGoins »

Well so I just broke down and made my own bracket this is rendition 1 I will probably make another as my welding looks like Bulls rump sewed up with a grapevine. The pipe is 2" sch 80 seamless. Cut too 3-1/4 long with 3/16 flat steel to make the bracket. ImageImageImageImageImage

Topic author
MGoins

Post by MGoins »

The hole in the hydro was 5/8" ish and the pin on the brake peddle was 7/16" ish so I took a 1/4" brass coupling cut it down to make a pretty decent bushing I wish I had a lathe but I'd screw it up if I had one. Of course I'm going to add a large flat washer and cotter key. This picked up at the end of the hydroboost stroke with out pulling on it and allowed full stroke on the booster. Not verified yet as heap Is in pieces. Image