Self Taught garbage fire (I need a name)

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

Re: Self Taught garbage fire (Ineed a name)

Post by TitaniaDieKrieger »

bigun wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:24 pm Sorry man I haven't been as active as I had been in the past while I am not sure if what is in the parts stash anymore I am pretty sure I could have saved you a trip to SantaFe, :banghead:
One of the reason's Crom came about was I found out the only thing holding my feet up in the Cherokee was the carpet, The J 20 cab floors were as rusty but there was less of them to replace
Sante Fe would have been nice. Where i had to go was east of Albuquerque, in the middle of nowhere. Must have past courage's house 5 times. It feels good to be sitting on solid metal doesn't it? Honestly the carpet made it as bad as it was. just soaked up the rain. luckily I live in the desert so it wasn't hopeless.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

Re: Self Taught garbage fire (I need a name)

For those who wanted more pictures of how the cage works here you go.

Their are three disconnects on each side at the B piller. The A piller and halo are one piece. B and C are separated by removing the top cross bars and the angled bars. Most come out easily but you have to throw a rachet strap around the A piller to squeeze it out the back
42.jpg
The A piller had to be made of 2 pieces to get the bends tight enough. Then just weld them together
40.jpg
all pillars meet up with the frame parts on the body and are sandwiched with plates. The top plates are welded to the cage and the bottom plates are welded to the body. makes lining things up easy.
41.jpg
eventually I plan to tie the bottom plates into the frame and add some sliders off of them but for now this works.

I should also note that the A pillars are kind in the way of the window cranks. For now I have to open the door to roll up or down the windows but I will eventually find some shorter crank arms. only need about a half an inch or so to clear them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

hook up some cheap old Craftsman ratchets for your window winders! That way they don't need to go all the way around and it'll be rat-rod ghetto fabuloso! In fact, you could just goober the sockets to the window crank posts, and pass the ratchet back and forth between you and your passenger to roll the windows up or down! :-bd
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

REDONE wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:07 pm hook up some cheap old Craftsman ratchets for your window winders! That way they don't need to go all the way around and it'll be rat-rod ghetto fabuloso! In fact, you could just goober the sockets to the window crank posts, and pass the ratchet back and forth between you and your passenger to roll the windows up or down! :-bd
That is genius

bigun

Post by bigun »

TitaniaDieKrieger wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:53 pm
bigun wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:24 pm Sorry man I haven't been as active as I had been in the past while I am not sure if what is in the parts stash anymore I am pretty sure I could have saved you a trip to SantaFe, :banghead:
One of the reason's Crom came about was I found out the only thing holding my feet up in the Cherokee was the carpet, The J 20 cab floors were as rusty but there was less of them to replace
Sante Fe would have been nice. Where i had to go was east of Albuquerque, in the middle of nowhere. Must have past courage's house 5 times. It feels good to be sitting on solid metal doesn't it? Honestly the carpet made it as bad as it was. just soaked up the rain. luckily I live in the desert so it wasn't hopeless.
Edgewood or Morairty?I live off US 60.
Funny thing was until BlackBart and I tried to put in Ford 9 inch I did't even know they were not there, but then I don't make it a habit to stand in the car. So we swapped the body for a J-20.
Who did the cage?

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

[/quote]

Edgewood or Morairty?I live off US 60.
Funny thing was until BlackBart and I tried to put in Ford 9 inch I did't even know they were not there, but then I don't make it a habit to stand in the car. So we swapped the body for a J-20.
Who did the cage?
[/quote]

Town was Clovis. Next to Cannon AFB.
The cage was built by jason Privette in las cruces. Search Privette custom
https://www.facebook.com/privettecustom/

bigun

Post by bigun »

LOL My relatives live in Portales,

Topic author
TitaniaDieKrieger

Rebuilding and installing the Dana 20

So after a lengthy search, I couldn't find an in depth walk though of rebuilding the Jeep version Dana 20.
SO I made my own video. Its not the best explanation of how to do it but I'm not doing it again.
Here's the link https://bit.ly/3sO4nQR

After the rebuild was done I realized that the stock crossmember wouldn't work
20200902_105745.jpg
After some adjustments I was able to extend the crossmember.
20200902_170825.jpg
Since the front output housing on the D20 is shorter then the Quadratrak the front driveshaft had to be extended. Luckily all it took was a chop and sleeve.
125316684_827942708008199_9112606202989441081_n.jpg
I didn't do the welding so i haven't had any vibrations on the highway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.