Photo wanted

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
itselliott

Photo wanted

Post by itselliott »

Could someone please post up a link to some pix of the shoulder belt mounting at the rear of the door column....1978 J20....

For whatever reason,...My seatbelt mount " looks " wrong to me...the plastic cover over laps the door molding (new)...and I can not remember if that's the way it was.....

will e

Re: Photo wanted

Post by will e »

You might post up a pic of how yours looks and maybe get some input.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

letank

Post by letank »

Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
itselliott

Post by itselliott »

Thanks for the reply,....I'd like a picture of the retracting reel that is mounted on the door column , about a foot off the floor. That assy. is overhanging my door trim and just doesn't make sense to me.

Topic author
itselliott

Post by itselliott »

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipO ... Z_Y_eDOki-

This what I am looking at, the cover (original to the truck) overhangs the door seal.
The mount has not been altered and sits in the original slot and threaded hole.

letank

Post by letank »

itselliott wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:33 am https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipO ... Z_Y_eDOki-

This what I am looking at, the cover (original to the truck) overhangs the door seal.
The mount has not been altered and sits in the original slot and threaded hole.
photo cannot be accessed, need password, here is the oem style for a 85 Grand Waggy

you can see more picts under my body work link
Michel

Topic author
itselliott

Post by itselliott »

I have a 78 J truck,...it uses 2 retraction reels , one on the B pillar about 7-10" off the floor and one mounted on the floor.
The one on the B pillar is the one I feel is a problem...…..where can I host photos that don't need a password access>???

fsj454

Post by fsj454 »

My 1982 Cherokee I think has the same problem that you are seeing. Drivers seat belt retractor sits in a different spot than the passenger side. Passenger side sits on body trim strange but so is amc . I think they are marked left and right . So maybe I have 2 rights and you have the left on the right or the right on the left . Did you install both and 1 sits on body trim.
:fsj:454.nv4500.205.twin stick.hydo boost. hydrolic clutch.dana 60s.soa.37s 17inch.tration bar.warn 1200. 4 wheel disc.aero29 gallon .conferr roof rack.spal pulse width modulation.spal duel fans.painless battery isolator.duel batterys.factory cb. headers 2 1/2 duels.4.56 Detroit locker.alloy 35 spline axles.stainless brake lines .holley 770.edelbrock.fuel.water.intake.H4s.head light relays.racho 9000 shocks.rock ram.steering box brace.j20 steering box.msd8265 probillet distributor.msd super conductor wires.

FLeetFox

Post by FLeetFox »

itselliott, some of us have migrated to FLICKR.

Fox
I do things my way, and I pay a high price.... JCM

Topic author
itselliott

Post by itselliott »

FLeetFox wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:08 pm itselliott, some of us have migrated to FLICKR.

Fox
I found an older foto, seems that the mount was funky from the factory
https://ibb.co/FK5ZhxX
The edge of the seatbelt cover extends over the door gasket.

Also, I really like this photo site...…….

letank

Post by letank »

seems about the same -may be- for the 86 of this post

ask the OP for a better pict, on the 1986 J20 LS swap

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17875
Michel

Topic author
itselliott

Post by itselliott »

Got it figured...…..I have a 2 take up reel system. And the shoulder belt reel DOES stick out over the weather strip on every foto I have found.
The lap belt take up reel ,...well its "supposed" to be underneath the new rear seat installation. Kind of forgot that I covered it up with the back seat…….I'll have to make a new mounting pad.