FastEddie J10 restomod

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: FastEddie J10 restomod

Post by Stuka »

I was hoping you may have your truck at the Fly-In, But wasn’t sure if you were waiting for it to be done-done before showing it to the world.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

Thank you for the link!! Do you have any pics installed? They look pretty cool online, I'm curious how well they fit the interior style of these trucks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

offthebeatenpath

Post by offthebeatenpath »

sonoraed wrote:Finally started on the interior yesterday! Dash board was already in , layed down the carpet ( almost fit!!) installed the seats and console and went for ride.
Got admit the 456 gears made a big difference, brakes are superb, no rear lockup and almost put you thru the windshield when you stand on them!
Now onto chasing all the details , shift points, door panel, wiring, getting close.ImageImage
Are the seats custom? If not, what are they out of?

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

hutcho wrote:Thank you for the link!! Do you have any pics installed? They look pretty cool online, I'm curious how well they fit the interior style of these trucks.

Will post pictures of door panels soon.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Are the seats custom? If not, what are they out of?[/quote]

Seats are oem out of a 78 J20, had them recovered by a local upholstery shop to match rest of interior, the original seat bolt right in, no fabricating brackets.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Stuka wrote:I was hoping you may have your truck at the Fly-In, But wasn’t sure if you were waiting for it to be done-done before showing it to the world.
I've been the ramp boss at the fly-in several years and because this year was totally different,( everything on the grass and the vets car show ) really had my hands full dealing with all the problems that popped up, but all in all it was a good weekend.
The truck could have shown but Steve was busy with the C10 and not really into Fly-in's ,really trying to make it to SEMA looking for a company to sponsor, Steve doesn't think the truck is good enough but I've seen worse builds on the floor, I could be biased :D

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

sonoraed wrote:
Stuka wrote:I was hoping you may have your truck at the Fly-In, But wasn’t sure if you were waiting for it to be done-done before showing it to the world.
I've been the ramp boss at the fly-in several years and because this year was totally different,( everything on the grass and the vets car show ) really had my hands full dealing with all the problems that popped up, but all in all it was a good weekend.
The truck could have shown but Steve was busy with the C10 and not really into Fly-in's ,really trying to make it to SEMA looking for a company to sponsor, Steve doesn't think the truck is good enough but I've seen worse builds on the floor, I could be biased :D
I liked the car show being bigger, and parking was easier, but was bummed that the big shade tent wasn't there to get a break from the sun while eating. I assume next year will be back to normal with it being over on the paved side.
2017 JKU Rubicon

offthebeatenpath

Post by offthebeatenpath »

sonoraed wrote: Seats are oem out of a 78 J20, had them recovered by a local upholstery shop to match rest of interior, the original seat bolt right in, no fabricating brackets.
Thanks! They look sharp!
Still trying to sort out what to do for mine, my seat is toast and there's not much to pick from out here.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Stuka wrote:
sonoraed wrote:
I liked the car show being bigger, and parking was easier, but was bummed that the big shade tent wasn't there to get a break from the sun while eating. I assume next year will be back to normal with it being over on the paved side.
Yeah the shade tent was an issue, there was a small tent over by the FAA tower and the Mountain Aire hangar was supposed to take the place of big tent, one of the many things to improve next year, I like the show being on the grass, was cooler and more old time wings and wheels type of show.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Did graft drink holder from a caravan into arm rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

sonoraed wrote:Image

Did graft drink holder from a caravan into arm rest

That looks spectacular! Great idea!!

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

After super busy summer we’re back on the J10, one of the problems we’re having is the bottom of tailgate is rubbing on the oem support on the bed keeps gouging into the paint
Either going to cut it out and make it flat or lower the curve.ImageImage

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Also wrapping up the dash board, had the old fake wood trim hydromedia wrapped with gunstock walnut kind of a nod to the original ImageImageImage

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

The darker color wood looks nice.
2017 JKU Rubicon

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

So does the pad.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Thank you Gentlemen! way back when we started the build, painted the dashpad grey but was so warped finally had upholstery shop cover the pad in vinyl and then glued the damn thing to the panel.
The Walnut Gunstock does look right with the body color and grey interior, found a shop in Reno that would take it on, such a little thing took so much time and money.

itselliott

Post by itselliott »

FastEddie….I just stumbled across your build thread. Awesome build!!….
We are on somewhat parallel paths...I have been slowly working on a J20 and finally am down to interior and almost have the wiring complete.
Your dash pad has me drooling!!! Can you possibly email some fotos so that I can show upholstery shops what I would like to emulate??
MY build thread is somewhat old and incomplete but you can get to it here: http://ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=179354

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Upholstery shop double stitched vinyl at seams and we glued the hell out of it, also reinforced the speaker hole and bondo’d around the warped defrost ducts

itselliott

Post by itselliott »

Sent you 2 PM's they just seem to be hanging in my out box,....can't understand why that is

six one six four oh three 44o5

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

itselliott wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:35 am Sent you 2 PM's they just seem to be hanging in my out box,....can't understand why that is

six one six four oh three 44o5
They stay in the outbox until they are read. Once somebody reads them, then they show as sent. I know, its weird, I didn't name them.
2017 JKU Rubicon