Front leaf pin adjusters...

Area for Offroad Modification Tech

Topic author
MT1

Front leaf pin adjusters...

Post by MT1 »

I need to get my front axle forward a few inches and I was told there was a device that was made just for that? It sounded almost like a small plate with a pin on one side that would drop into the spring perch and a couple holes further forward that the spring pin could set into. Has anyone heard of such a thing? And if so what the heck is it called? The frame is modified so its not the typical FSJ and should not be an issue for the un altered FSJ.
Change is Opportunity

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Front leaf pin adjusters...

Post by Stuka »

Typically people run a different spring perch which has multiple center holes. Which lets you push the axle forward or backwards 1 inch.

If you want to move more than an inch, you are going to have to either move your spring perches, or flip your springs (Front springs dont have a centered pin, pretty sure the short side is to the rear in a stock setup).
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
MT1

Post by MT1 »

Got it, thanks.
Change is Opportunity

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

These are what I have on the rear of mine. Got them from Parts Mike.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

hutcho wrote:Image

These are what I have on the rear of mine. Got them from Parts Mike.

Those don't allow the pin to move in the spring perch though. Only half of the equation.
2017 JKU Rubicon

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

Ah gotcha...I misread it I guess

Topic author
MT1

Post by MT1 »

Yeah I measured the pin to both the ends and it looks like there is about 3/4" off set towards the back. So Im thinking about flipping the springs around and the spacer and I could gain almost 2 inches. May need to lengthen the drive shaft a bit but think it will be worth it not stuffing the rear of the tire into the front of the rocker. Thanks for the help here. :D
Change is Opportunity

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

MT1 wrote:Yeah I measured the pin to both the ends and it looks like there is about 3/4" off set towards the back. So Im thinking about flipping the springs around and the spacer and I could gain almost 2 inches. May need to lengthen the drive shaft a bit but think it will be worth it not stuffing the rear of the tire into the front of the rocker. Thanks for the help here. :D
What steering setup are you using? Because the pitman arm doesn't change. If you have high steer, you will definitely have issues. If you have the standard steering setup, I *think* you will be ok. But just keep it in mind. 2 inches is quite a bit.
2017 JKU Rubicon

Topic author
MT1

Post by MT1 »

Well I have a little different set up than the rest of you. I have the FSJ body setting on a stretched K5 frame. It has that strange steering arm with a block under it. It is an after market link and fully adjustable. Im sure I can get 2 inches out of it though. I know, I know ^#(^ its a Chevy! Only the body is FSJ... I kinda of float between here and the K5 forum. :D
Change is Opportunity

wag4x6

Post by wag4x6 »

Hey MT, I read about something called a Zero Rate. It's a block that bolts into the spring pack using the factory centering pin but allows you to move the axel forward or back as desired. It's about an inch thick but since it bolts into the factory centering pin its not consisted a "lift block"
89 Gwag, stock 360, stock 727, np229, d44 front/rear, SOA/SF on 35's