Winches

Area for Offroad Modification Tech

haminawag

Re: Winches

Post by haminawag »

serehill wrote:Pretty decent info. I'm a Ramsey guy with warn Number 2 & nothing else in the class. I have a stripped Smittybuilt in the shed gear assembly shot & after the the time I was done with that mess. i've heard the HF argument. No way Jose.
:lol: No way indeed! ha ha
Let us not forget what our fathers taught us.

Ham-in-a-Wag
1967 Plymouth Fury
1979 Wagoneer
2000 RAV4

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

I'm in the process of having a bumper built for my Cherokee. I have looked at all of the winches I could find and went with the Warn m8000. In the end I want to know that I can rely on it no matter who, what, when or where. Yes, they are more expensive but they are reliable. I may never use it like most but the peace of mind knowing I have the best tool to do the job is what drove my decision. After all I may my have my most precious cargo on board (second to God) when I need to use it and there safety over rides any expense. I am anxiously awaiting the day I can pick it up and take my family wheeling again. We really miss it.
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

I've got an M8000 on my Tacoma. One time I ended up using it 4 or 5 times within the span of an hour for 50-70ft long pulls. The winch pulled my truck through over knee deep snow with a 4" thick crust on the top. The winch had no overheating, no strange noises and no problems. I was glad I had a reliable winch that day. If it were me, I'd go for a quality winch with a lower load rating over a more generic, larger winch. You can always use snatch blocks if you need more capacity.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb