Found this High Steer Kit, Opinions

Area for Offroad Modification Tech

Topic author
xGROMx

Found this High Steer Kit, Opinions

Post by xGROMx »

I have been looking for parts to add to my High Steer setup plans. I am not a fan of spacers for the arms, and I'm not a fan onf the one hole passenger arms. So I am have been searching and just found this on ebay of all places. The price seems amazing for what you get.

My concern are the arms, and dose anyone think they would be weak? The concern is with the unused fourth hole next to wear it ramps up.

Or see any other problems with this set up?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DANA-44-HIGH-ST ... 3ce9b9112e

It doesn't come with tubing, but I'm sure I could get some at a local metal shop.

bwwhaler

Re: Found this High Steer Kit, Opinions

Post by bwwhaler »

Either you pulled the trigger or someone else did, it's gone!
1987 GW 360/727/229 Performer intake Holley 670 32's 4" BJ's Springs CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness

Topic author
xGROMx

Post by xGROMx »

Link still works for me, 9 sold, 4 available.

Topic author
xGROMx

Post by xGROMx »

Here is the info and pictures if the link isn't working for ebay.

DANA 44 HIGH STEER CROSSOVER STEERING KIT FOR 1 TON GM/CHEVY WITH STUDS

Was: US $349.99
You save: $17.50 (5% off)
Price: US $332.49

Dana 44 High Steer Set Up for ALL Dana 44 Application.
Arms are made with Domestic Billet Blocks and Machined by American Workers to ensure a Life Time Warranty. Arms are Whooping 1.25” Thick and 2 -3/8" Tall with 4 Holes Style to Suit Reid Knuckles, Solid Knuckles, Stock Knuckles or any other After Market Knuckles. Tie Rod Ends are made Metal to Metal with Spring Technology way beyond any Expectations.
Kit Includes:
1 – Raised Driver Side Arm(1.25” Thick and 2 -3/8" Tall) Tapered for the 7/8” Chevy ¾ Ton Tie Rods
1 – Raised Passenger Side Arm (1.25” Thick and 2 -3/8" Tall) Tapered for 7/8” Chevy ¾ Ton Tie Rods
1 – ES 2026 R Drag Link End with Grease Fitting, Castle Nut and Cotter Pin
1 – ES 2027 L Drag Link End with Grease Fitting, Castle Nut and Cotter Pin
1 – ES 2234 R Tie Rod End with Grease Fitting, Castle Nut and Cotter Pin
1 – ES 2234 L Tie Rod End with Grease Fitting, Castle Nut and Cotter Pin
8 – Chromoly 9/16” Studs
8 – Conical Washers
8 – Lock Nuts
2 – 7/8 – 18 Left Inserts/Tube Adapters/ Weld Bungs
2 – 7/8 – 18 Right Inserts/ Tube Adapters/ Weld Bungs
2 – 7/8 – 18 Left Jam Nuts
2 – 7/8 – 18 Right Jam Nuts
Please Note: Pitman Arm shown in the Pictures are for Reference Only,They are sold separately for $ 59.99.Look for it on our other eBay Items

ClovisMan

Post by ClovisMan »

Well it's got everything except the DOM tubing for the actual tie rods. I honestly think I paid less sourcing everything from PartsMike.com.
88 Grand Wagoneer - The Money Pit - 360/727/NP208 - SOA/SF - Lots of other stuff SOLD
78 Cherokee Chief - Copper - 360/TH400/Quadratrac - 4 inch BDS lift - 33 inch tires SOLD

Topic author
xGROMx

Post by xGROMx »

But what arms did you use. I have been searching for raised arms that have two holes for a while now and these already the only ones I have found. This seller sells just the arm pair for somthing around 250. But needing everything else made the deal look better.

What are other options of arm sets for full high steer that are raised like these and have two holes on the pass side?

ClovisMan

Post by ClovisMan »

These are all the parts I used. It looks like prices have gone up a bit, but factor in that you are getting the tie rod and drag link tubing that is going to tack another 180.00 on to the price of what you are showing so they are about the same. The one thing I like about the Parts Mike stuff is that it uses off-the-shelf GM 1-Ton Tie Rod Ends that you can buy at any Napa/AutoZone/McParts store if you break one.

http://www.partsmike.com/index.php?crn= ... how_detail

88 Grand Wagoneer - The Money Pit - 360/727/NP208 - SOA/SF - Lots of other stuff SOLD
78 Cherokee Chief - Copper - 360/TH400/Quadratrac - 4 inch BDS lift - 33 inch tires SOLD

AwesomeJ10

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

I've bought several of his kits. both for D44 and for D60. two of each so I would have spares.

Don't forget to get a spare pair of knuckles - at the VERY VERY least get a spare passenger side knuckle as that's the one that usually breaks. also, don't forget to install new ball joints on the spare so you have quick recovery for when the knuckle cracks.

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

Those appear to be the arms NorthWestFab makes.
Which I find amusing since the ad says all parts made in USA.
Nothing wrong with them, quality parts.

Im sort of partial to the WFO setups these days but there are many quality vendors out there.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Topic author
xGROMx

Post by xGROMx »

@tad, What do you suggest? I am torn between the WFO arm and one that has two holes on the pass side. Can you educate me on any cons of going with a setup with both knuckles with one hole arms using the TRE that connects directly to the Drag Link?

Landman_MTX

Post by Landman_MTX »

Hah... Tad is right. NWF is canadian and one pic even says "made in canada". Anyhow, NWF is a pretty reputable brand. Ihad great CS when i went thru them for my cable shifters for my t/c
1979 Grand Wagoneer, 360, TH400/QT, D44s

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

xGROMx wrote:@tad, What do you suggest? I am torn between the WFO arm and one that has two holes on the pass side. Can you educate me on any cons of going with a setup with both knuckles with one hole arms using the TRE that connects directly to the Drag Link?
I have run both types of setups over the years and can't really say there is a difference in performance or operation.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

COLORADOCRAWLER

Post by COLORADOCRAWLER »

Here is a good set of arms and they offer a 1" spacer that goes under the arm if you are looking to move it up.
http://www.chassisunlimited.com/product ... -kits.html
I used Chassis Unlimited for my steering and the parts are good quality. One of the ends they sent me arrived with some boogered up threads so I called them and they overnighted me another end. Great customer service.
-Rick
87' GW 5.3/4l60E/NP241C, Dakota Digital dash, high steer, 31's, still needs a bigfoot gas pedal to tie it all together.
90' YJ 3 link coils front, 4 link double triangulated coils rear, D44s, ARBs, 4.56, 35's