Tire Brands, who likes what?

Area for Offroad Modification Tech

nightglide

Re: Tire Brands, who likes what?

Post by nightglide »

Did you ever get any tires? I got some General Grabber AT2 from tire rack for a really good price. And that was for 35"s. They have really good reviews and a good warranty..........
77 J10 360/T18/Dana20
Fitech fuel injection
4" Lift....3" body lift....35" ats

dreezy

Post by dreezy »

I loved my duratracs on my wk and on my grand wagoneer in sand, snow and mud. I have never tried any of your other options.

I would never dd anything that said interco on the sidewall though.
90 Haggard Wagoneer
Lifted and cut.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

dreezy wrote:I loved my duratracs on my wk and on my grand wagoneer in sand, snow and mud. I have never tried any of your other options.

I would never dd anything that said interco on the sidewall though.
Interco makes some pretty decent radials, they aren't all poor riding bias ply tires.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

dreezy

Post by dreezy »

I have only ridden in one jeep on intercos on the road. They were radials and loud as BEEP. They also took about 16 ounces each to balance them. The owner consistently wears ear plugs when he drives it on the highway.
90 Haggard Wagoneer
Lifted and cut.

Locked and Loaded

Post by Locked and Loaded »

Drink more Water

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

My factory polyglas Goodyear suburbanite XG spare is still holding all its sweet toledo air after all these years. Sitting pretty at 39 psi. Altitude compensation tells me it has lost zero psi over 41 years, assuming they pumped um up to 35.

Anyone want some NOS air?
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

dreezy wrote:I have only ridden in one jeep on intercos on the road. They were radials and loud as BEEP. They also took about 16 ounces each to balance them. The owner consistently wears ear plugs when he drives it on the highway.
I cannot think of any of their radials that are that loud. Even my bias ply TSL's were not super loud unless they were low on air. They had a nice growl on deceleration, buts thats it mostly. You could certainly hear them, but roll the windows up and they were barely audible. And 16oz each makes me think they were bias plys.

Boggers are really loud, but they are bias ply and the most aggressive street legal tire you can buy. You don't run boggers for the hell of it.

But eh TrXus MT, TSL radial, SSR, M16, etc are quite tame sounding on the street provided they are aired up properly.

Now if the guy did not rotate them every 3k like advised, they will cup really bad which can make them extremely loud. But thats not a fault of the tires, its the fault of the owner not rotating them. Aggressive tires have to be rotated religiously to prevent cupping.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

nightglide wrote:Did you ever get any tires? I got some General Grabber AT2 from tire rack for a really good price. And that was for 35"s. They have really good reviews and a good warranty..........
No not yet, been looking into other things around the house. Dang home improvement projects getting int he way of Jeep stuff haha
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

nightglide

Post by nightglide »

You best get your priorities straight son! lol
77 J10 360/T18/Dana20
Fitech fuel injection
4" Lift....3" body lift....35" ats

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Home Improvement < Jeep Stuff unless there is a woman involved... then it's Home Improvement > Jeep Stuff = Domestic Tranquility.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

dreezy

Post by dreezy »

Stuka wrote:
dreezy wrote:I have only ridden in one jeep on intercos on the road. They were radials and loud as BEEP. They also took about 16 ounces each to balance them. The owner consistently wears ear plugs when he drives it on the highway.
I cannot think of any of their radials that are that loud. Even my bias ply TSL's were not super loud unless they were low on air. They had a nice growl on deceleration, buts thats it mostly. You could certainly hear them, but roll the windows up and they were barely audible. And 16oz each makes me think they were bias plys.

Boggers are really loud, but they are bias ply and the most aggressive street legal tire you can buy. You don't run boggers for the hell of it.

But eh TrXus MT, TSL radial, SSR, M16, etc are quite tame sounding on the street provided they are aired up properly.

Now if the guy did not rotate them every 3k like advised, they will cup really bad which can make them extremely loud. But thats not a fault of the tires, its the fault of the owner not rotating them. Aggressive tires have to be rotated religiously to prevent cupping.
These are 33x12.50 tsl radials on a tj. They are loud as BEEP. MAYBE compared to boggers they aren't as loud, but your idea of a quiet tire must be skewed, or super deaf.
90 Haggard Wagoneer
Lifted and cut.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

dreezy wrote:
Stuka wrote:

These are 33x12.50 tsl radials on a tj. They are loud as BEEP. MAYBE compared to boggers they aren't as loud, but your idea of a quiet tire must be skewed, or super deaf.
Like I said, if their air pressure is wrong, or they have started to cup, they will be very loud. Rotating them is very important. But once they cup, there is no fixing them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

I've run BFG ATs, BFG MTs, and Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs. For light off-road, I'd prefer the ATs as they are quieter, smoother, and wear better than the other two.
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Cool, thanks for the continuing input guys. Looking to get the new rubber on in the next couple of weeks. Would be sooner, but its the strangest thing, re-doing a big back yard is expensive and time consuming. Who knew right!? Right now leaning toward a set of 33x1250 BFG A/Ts but if I can get a good deal on the Duratracs I'll take those too. Those General grabbers look nice too.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

These are what I run on both my Jeeps. These are the ones on my JK. Two years old and around 15k miles on them. They are Cooper STT and been very happy with them. On and offroad and in the snow. They arent the best snow tires, but they do better than most mud tires.

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Anyone have any experience with Hankook Dynapros? They have some good reviews online and are a bit less expensive that the BF Goodrich AT

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Got them put on. Reviews were positive and discussion with tire folks at the store found them favorable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Hankooks are pretty good tires. Jeep looks a lot better with larger tires.

dreezy

Post by dreezy »

You should have gone BSW out...
90 Haggard Wagoneer
Lifted and cut.

uncletiffy

Post by uncletiffy »

ghcoe wrote:The Australians love these tires for the price, traction, and durability Adventuro M/T. I have the Adventuro II's and love them, but they do not come in a 33 though.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direc ... turo+M%2FT

"Do not come in 33's" ??

http://www.amazon.com/GT-Radial-Adventu ... B00F5OX0PI

I have a set of 33's on my YJ, great tire for the price and a true 33" perhaps a bit bigger.
1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief, 360V8, auto ,QT, rust.
1995 Jeep YJ, 2.5 4 cyl. Sold, yay.
1998 Land Rover Defender 90, 2.5 TDI.