1982 Sportside J10: Sporticus

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
66stepside

Re: 1982 Sportside J10: Sporticus

Post by 66stepside »

FLeetFox wrote:Still looking good man.

Fleet Fox
Thanks! She’s been parts hauling’ all week to get the FC’s brakes dialed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoJ10

Post by ColoradoJ10 »

IMG_0035.jpeg
IMG_0397.jpeg
IMG_0032.jpeg

I have your twin. I built this jeep over 20 years ago. White in Color. Found it 2 months ago after searching 15 years. Time to build again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1981 Jeep J10 Stepside, 1986 CJ7 Renegade

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

ColoradoJ10 wrote:
IMG_0035.jpeg
IMG_0397.jpeg
IMG_0032.jpeg

I have your twin. I built this jeep over 20 years ago. White in Color. Found it 2 months ago after searching 15 years. Time to build again.
Nice score- that’s one sharp looking JEEP! Post up a thread in the build section, or show n tell section so we can follow your progress!

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

66stepside wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:57 pm Before:

After:

Still some detailing to do, and screw down the shifter boots x2.

Hey man, long time, no post for me. Glad to see you still have this one on the road! Any chance you have some photos of the brackets you adapted to work for those seats? If you used non-FSJ seat brackets, did you reinforce the mounting points under the stock cab floor? I've looked at some plates that Juliano's sells for seat belt mounts that can also be used for mounting seats so I'm looking at what others have used to keep their seats bolted to the floor.
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

twisted frame wrote: Hey man, long time, no post for me. Glad to see you still have this one on the road! Any chance you have some photos of the brackets you adapted to work for those seats? If you used non-FSJ seat brackets, did you reinforce the mounting points under the stock cab floor? I've looked at some plates that Juliano's sells for seat belt mounts that can also be used for mounting seats so I'm looking at what others have used to keep their seats bolted to the floor.
I don’t think I have any pics of the brackets- often I am so involved with the mods, I forget to document the process.

BUT the main thing for me is to retain the factory mounting locations on the floor. I start by cutting/drilling metal to bolt into the factory location. Then I build-mod based upon where the best fit will be from there.

All of the mock up process is done with the carpet removed.

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

I see what you mean. Thanks for these pics - I definitely want to retain my factory seat base mounting holes.
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

spkn.fox

Post by spkn.fox »

66stepside wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:57 am

I am impressed with all of the work you have done to restore this Jeep. I spent a lot of my childhood in this J10. It belonged to my father. I remember the day he drove it off the lot brand new. A lot of memories with my Dad going fishing, camping, and commuting in this Jeep.

I’m glad I was able to search and find this truck again. Thank you for bringing it back to life! Here is a picture of me standing beside this ride back in the 80’s in Springdale, Washington.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

spkn.fox wrote:
66stepside wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:57 am

I am impressed with all of the work you have done to restore this Jeep. I spent a lot of my childhood in this J10. It belonged to my father. I remember the day he drove it off the lot brand new. A lot of memories with my Dad going fishing, camping, and commuting in this Jeep.

I’m glad I was able to search and find this truck again. Thank you for bringing it back to life! Here is a picture of me standing beside this ride back in the 80’s in Springdale, Washington.
I just now noticed your post! What a small world.

That pic of you is awesome!!

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

spkn.fox wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:46 pm

What a cool story and such a neat piece of history.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ