67 Wagoneer

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
67 wagoneer

67 Wagoneer

Post by 67 wagoneer »

So I picked up this 67 Jeep Wagoneer this summer. I've been looking for some time now as I had a 68 in high school. It's a father and son project. We tore it down nearly completely except for the Engine. It's a pretty solid car. There is some floor board rust, and some around the rear quarter panel but other than that no more rust.
The current motor is the Buick Dantless 350 V8. It ran and drove before I started in on it pretty good
Future plans? Well we've got an appointment with "The Jeep Farm" In Arizona. Hopefully Drew over there can help us restore this beast to better than its former glory!

Future plans at the Jeep Farm... Paint and Body, lift 4inches, new rims tires, interior, wiring, LS conversion.

I'd love to have the glory of doing this all myself, but honestly I want to enjoy it before my son graduates from College.

Also just got the Steering Wheel back from steering Wheel Bob in NJ. He did a great job and the wheel looks brand-new!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fulsizjeep

Re: 67 Wagoneer

Post by fulsizjeep »

Hi, looks decent for 50+ year old Waggy project. The Dauntless 350 was not used by Jeep until mid year 1968. Does this have the 350 badge on the front fenders? Steering wheel looks great!
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

will e

Post by will e »

Howdy and welcome from Phoenix. I had to look up 'the jeep farm'. I had no idea the guy existed. Looks like a cool place.

Are you here in AZ too? That rig looks like a good starting point. Are you restoring it or planning on some custom touches?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
67 wagoneer

Post by 67 wagoneer »

will e wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:00 am Howdy and welcome from Phoenix. I had to look up 'the jeep farm'. I had no idea the guy existed. Looks like a cool place.

Are you here in AZ too? That rig looks like a good starting point. Are you restoring it or planning on some custom touches?
No I am up in Seattle, but it ships out in March for AZ. Yeah total rehab. LS motor, 4 inch lift and such. I am leaning towards an original white color TBD.

Drew over at the Jeep Farm is super personable and from what I gather actually has reasonable build prices. Not like those guys over there in Texas that start at 125K. That is stupid crazy.
I'll post more as it progresses through it's phases.

Topic author
67 wagoneer

Post by 67 wagoneer »

fulsizjeep wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:06 am Hi, looks decent for 50+ year old Waggy project. The Dauntless 350 was not used by Jeep until mid year 1968. Does this have the 350 badge on the front fenders? Steering wheel looks great!
Weird humm. Not sure then what engine is in it other than it is a V8. On the air cleaner it does have the Dauntless badges, but there are no other badges on the vehicle other than the front fender badges you can see in the photos that have V8 350 stamped on there.

Curious

will e

Post by will e »

Swaps and stuff happen. You should try to figure it out, the engine or accessories might be worth something to folks. Drew will probably know.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
67 wagoneer

67 Wagoneer

Post by 67 wagoneer »

Here is my jeep from High school 68 Wagoneer. Not the 67 that I currently own. It also had 4 inch lift, 33 inch tires new white paint, red interior, and zero rust.

It was unfortunately sold years ago. I wonder where it is at today, or if it is even on the road somewhere anymore.

Well now 20 something years later I get another crack at the old jeep by building up this 67.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
67 wagoneer

Post by 67 wagoneer »

will e wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:31 pm Swaps and stuff happen. You should try to figure it out, the engine or accessories might be worth something to folks. Drew will probably know.
Not sure if this helps......

Just did a little research the tag on the car does designate the Buick Dantless engine 301223. So I'm guessing the car is actually a 68... maybe sold with the wrong date?? The reference website is below.

After taking apart the car and looking behind door panels this has never been repainted so I am doubtful it was a swap. It was a one owner farm jeep in Ohio before coming to Seattle..... or so the story goes. :)

https://oljeep.com/gw/vin_66-71.html

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

I would guess it is a 68. Not that big of deal until you are guiding the McParts store sales rep on the computer search. ;)
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac