Prepping for headliner

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Nutsiam

Prepping for headliner

Post by Nutsiam »

Headliner will be here tomorrow. Sat inside the GW installing insulation while it was raining Sunday and then pulled into the garage tonight to finish up the back area and fill in the gaps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1988 Grand Wagoneer Buff Yellow New to me August 2019
1st GW 1988 Charcoal burnt to the ground. Ya CHARCOAL
1990 GW Parts vehicle, no motor, no fog lights, no right front marker light, no chrome on top of windshield. All parts moving to the buff one.

killerinstinct

Re: Prepping for headliner

Post by killerinstinct »

What heat insulation did you use? Are you happy with it? I need to do this before I replace my headliner.

Thanks
Cesar

Topic author
Nutsiam

Post by Nutsiam »

Sorry been busy and haven’t been on here. I imagine you might be finished with headliner already but here’s what I ordered on amazon
SmartSHIELD -5 SUV Van Car Truck RV Camper Thermal…
It says no longer available but I’m sure you can find something similar. Local body shop was impressed and said the sticky stuff will get hot and separate.
1990 GW Parts vehicle, no motor, no fog lights, no right front marker light, no chrome on top of windshield. All parts moving to the buff one.

Topic author
Nutsiam

Post by Nutsiam »

killerinstinct wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:47 pm What heat insulation did you use? Are you happy with it? I need to do this before I replace my headliner.

Thanks
Cesar
Sorry been busy and haven’t been on here. I imagine you might be a finished with headliner already but here’s what I ordered on amazon
SmartSHIELD -5 SUV Van Car Truck RV Camper Thermal…
It says no longer available but I’m sure you can find something similar. Local body shop was impressed and said the sticky stuff will get hot and separate.