Jumbo Grade with Reno Overlanding

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Renodemona

Jumbo Grade with Reno Overlanding

Post by Renodemona »

Fun quick afternoon run up Jumbo Grade with some of the folks from Reno Overlanding.
Enjoy!
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Jumbo Grade with Reno Overlanding

Post by Stuka »

In-bedded the video for you.

Props to the Disco owner actually touching dirt!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Ah thank you! Computers and I don't always get along. Yes it was really cool to see that Rover. He works for an adventure company that sells kitted out rigs, safaris to Africa, that sort of thing. Sticker price on that one was 68K, with all the goodies was 73K. Had snorkel, drawer storage, tie down system, fridge, and water system. Very cool rig but not my style.
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

freehold

Post by freehold »

I'm humored by the fact that a) the Disco was last in line (so nobody got stuck behind him?) and b) the video cuts off before it even makes it through. Clearly the videographer wasn't impressed.
1987 GW, 202k miles, AMC 360 engine rebuilt 62k ago, all more or less bone stock
1997 Grand Cherokee ZJ, 244k and still going
When it rains, I drive an MDX

will e

Post by will e »

That's one way of looking at it. Had it been my group the Disco would not have been last. I don't see front recovery points. So I'd check to see if there is something off the back to tug him with just in case he needed a tug.
As far as being impressed, I am always impressed by the guys that take the less 'capable' rigs. The ones without big tires, lots of armor and not much lift. It takes a lot more finesse and strategy to get my Chevy Colorado through the same trails as my lifted, locked and 37" tired Cherokee. In some ways it is more fun to poke through with something that isn't just point and shoot.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge