Hey webmaster, how about a "resources" page?

Area to ask questions or post comments related to this forum.

Topic author
haminawag

Hey webmaster, how about a "resources" page?

Post by haminawag »

Maybe it already exists here on FSJnetwork.com, if so please tell me where. But how about creating a "resources" page with headings that allow members to enter the year of their FSJ, then they could select and view (read only) the various types of commonly needed FSJ data.

For example: in my short time as a member I've seen many posts from people needing electrical wiring diagrams, fuel hose routings, recommended lubricants, factory wheel sizes, etc. etc..
It would be great, and really helpful, if we had a single place right here where we could go to access the most frequently needed information. And yes, I do realize that it would take time to put together, but it could be done a little at a time, maybe starting with electrical, since I've seen more requests for that information than any other.

Just an idea that could add great utility to an already very useful website.
Let us not forget what our fathers taught us.

Ham-in-a-Wag
1967 Plymouth Fury
1979 Wagoneer
2000 RAV4

REDONE

Re: Hey webmaster, how about a "resources" page?

Post by REDONE »

A couple of things,

First, there's a whole forum for site suggestions, it's at the bottom.

Second, the search function would pull up all the threads for a given topic but is underutilized, probably because new members don't know about it and older members don't trust it. The search function on the motherboard was far less than impressive.

Last, ANYONE can submit a tech article to Stuka to be put in the library. The library is accessible from the home page, not the forum home page but the actual home page. Unfortunately very few are good at submitting there knowledge on a topic for the library, myself included. :oops:
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

HOOT

Post by HOOT »

Worst part of doing a search is all the dead end threads out there. You spend a large amount of time trying to figure something out only to find a somewhat useful thread then it just ends... No, it worked, my Jeep blew up, or I smashed it to bits getting frustrated.
We need to as a group try to avoid ending a thread as a cliff hanger. Post your results, good or bad.
Remember we all like pics too as much as possible.

...and if you just have to chime in on someone just to tell them to do a search, either tell them what to search for or just shut up.. :banghead: if you yourself don't know, let them know that info is out there somewhere.. because just saying do a search is exactly what they were doing in the first place. searching for the info....

I'm currently doing a disc brake conversion on my Dana 60 and finding out all kinds of stuff left of of previous threads I used. When I'm done there will be a new thread with part numbers and hopefully a functioning E brake. J10 mike's thread was a huge start, that's where mine started from.
1980 and 81 J20 melding into a 1980 Utility bed J20. Project cancelled and for sale, found a factory truck.
1980 J20 Utility truck. Replaced above project.
1977 Honcho getting turned into a 1977 J20 Gladoncho.
IFSJA Member #4662 Joined March 28, 2003

We're on a road to nowhere.....

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

As mentioned above, there is a resources page on the main site ( www.fsjnetwork.com ).

The problem is these days very few people want to write stand alone articles. Be it lack of time, or what ever.

So the best way is to dig through the forum using the search functionality. The search here does work fairly well.

Now I would love to just scan in the wiring and vacuum diagrams and such, but there are copy right issues with doing that. There is a chance they may not be seen by the content owners, but I rather not get a phone call from a copyright lawyer.

I know they are very nice to have though.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

I hate to thread jack so hoot could you message me about your dana 60 brakes? I had done a lot of digging on a dana 60-2 setup and may still have info saved over on the mothership (if it survived) I woukd love to cobtribute.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Topic author
haminawag

Post by haminawag »

Stuka, Redone: Thanks, I found the place to find the info., I thought I'd looked pretty carefully, but obviously not. I understand about copyrights and stepping on other peoples toes when publishing info.
Thanks for the help guys. Mike

BTW Stuka: how often are the threads culled or deleted, I figure you must have to do it every so often, right?

Ham-in-a-Wag
1967 Plymouth Fury
1979 Wagoneer
2000 RAV4

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

haminawag wrote:Stuka, Redone: Thanks, I found the place to find the info., I thought I'd looked pretty carefully, but obviously not. I understand about copyrights and stepping on other peoples toes when publishing info.
Thanks for the help guys. Mike

BTW Stuka: how often are the threads culled or deleted, I figure you must have to do it every so often, right?
The only places that are pruned are some of the sales areas. Nothing else gets pruned.
2017 JKU Rubicon

Topic author
haminawag

Post by haminawag »

Stuka wrote:The only places that are pruned are some of the sales areas. Nothing else gets pruned.
That gets to be a boatload of info. after awhile, huh?

One last question, I think I messed up on protocol by not posting an introduction of myself to other members, is this a requiremeny? Or frowned upon? It's a bit late now, but I'll do it no prob. if ya like.
Mike

Ham-in-a-Wag
1967 Plymouth Fury
1979 Wagoneer
2000 RAV4

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

haminawag wrote:
Stuka wrote:The only places that are pruned are some of the sales areas. Nothing else gets pruned.

One last question, I think I messed up on protocol by not posting an introduction of myself to other members, is this a requiremeny? Or frowned upon? It's a bit late now, but I'll do it no prob. if ya like.
Mike

Dude, you're cracking me up! :-bd

There's no requirment to introduce yourself. It's a good way to let people get to know you though. You've done all that is asked of any member, you've asked questions about what you don't know and you've answered questions with what you DO know. You have been assimilated! :P

If you beat me to submitting a write up to the tech library I might get jealous though. I have three with videos and everything, one on welding, one on body work and one on general fabrication that just aren't "done" yet. :banghead:
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
haminawag

Post by haminawag »

I think you're just having WAAAY too much fun over there Redone, :lol: You're not bustin my chops are you?? ha ha Okay, just making sure I didn't break a rule and get people grumbling about my poor behavior, I don't wanna be one of those weirdo taboo mopar guys, ya know. Thanks though. I HAVE BEEN ASSIMILATED! :-bd

Ham-in-a-Wag
1967 Plymouth Fury
1979 Wagoneer
2000 RAV4

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

The only rules are those which are posted at the top of each forum section :)
2017 JKU Rubicon

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

REDONE wrote:
haminawag wrote:

Mike

Dude, you're cracking me up! :-bd

There's no requirment to introduce yourself. It's a good way to let people get to know you though. You've done all that is asked of any member, you've asked questions about what you don't know and you've answered questions with what you DO know. You have been assimilated! :P

If you beat me to submitting a write up to the tech library I might get jealous though. I have three with videos and everything, one on welding, one on body work and one on general fabrication that just aren't "done" yet. :banghead:
Where are those write ups at? I need all of them! :grin:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2