My time for adulting over Jeeping. 2012 Wrangler for sale in Denver

Sales area for Non-FSJ Related Items
Forum rules
Please read the sales area rules before posting here. Thanks!

Topic author
derf

My time for adulting over Jeeping. 2012 Wrangler for sale in Denver

Post by derf »

Asking elsewhere for $25000 obo. I am certainly very flexible on the price and will entertain reasonable offers.

For sale is my built up 2012 Jeep Wrangler. I am only selling because I need money for a house down payment.

All recall work has been completed, including the Takata airbag replacement so this Jeep won't kill you.

This is no mall crawler. It's a Jeep that will get you to the trails, over the trails, and back home again. It's taken me to nearly a dozen different states and I've run all kinds of trails. It hasn't been abused, but it hasn't been babied either. I built it up before I took it off road so that it would last for a very long time. I will hate to see it go but I have to do the adult thing right now.

The biggest improvement is the 4 speed Atlas transfer case. It makes off roading with a manual transmission bearable. I usually run it in 4.3:1 low range around the trails and shift in the 11.7 combo low range when I want to slow crawl an obstacle. There isn't much that can defeat this mountain goat. It has no trouble keeping up with Rubicons running the same size tires.

I have gone ahead with most of the 60,000 mile service. Or have done so over the last 10,000 miles. All of the fluids are fresh. The transfer case and differentials having several thousand miles since the last change. It has always gotten synthetic oil with a Wix filter at each change.

Of course, there are a few issues with a 7 year old Jeep. It's on it's second windshield but as anyone who drives a Wrangler knows, that's to be expected. There are a couple of small rock dings in the current windshield but nothing bad enough to need replacing yet. The soft top is showing its age but it still keeps the water out of the Jeep when it rains. Before you ask, no, there is no hard top with this Jeep. There are a few cosmetic issues with the doors. They still open and close perfectly and seal out the water no problem. They just have a couple of dings on them. That happens when you take them off and drop one on your foot. Don't ask.

It has the 3.6l Pentastar V6 and six speed NSG370 manual transmission

I've installed the following modifications:

Centerforce II clutch with National brand throwout bearing
Four Speed Atlas transfer case with 2.73/4.3/11.7 low ranges
Driveshafts from Front Range Driveline with 1350CV joints at the transfer case and 1310 at the axle
315/70R17 GoodYear Duratrac tires on 17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels
2.5” lift
Bilstein shocks
JKS control arms and track bar
Synergy steering sector shaft brace
Synergy heavy duty tie rod and drag link.
OME steering stabilizer with relocation bracket
4.56 gears and Eaton E-Lockers, chrome-moly axle shafts and Blue Torch Fab diff covers front and rear
Front axle has Artec full armor truss and gussets
Warn stubby winch bumper front with XD9000 winch and synthetic rope
Warn tire carrying rear bumper
River Raider Offroad skid plates, full set including evap skid
Smittybuilt rock sliders
Poison Spyder steel flat fenders with a textured black powder coat
TruckLite LED headlights with PIAA LED fog lights.
Four PIAA LED lights on the bumper guard. Two LED lights on the A-Pillars. And 6 LED rock lights.
Custom built switch panel with 8 switches and relays for each. 6 of them are in use with 2 more wired up for whatever you want to add.
Cobra 18 CB in the dash with rear mounted Firestick antenna
Bluetooth CD/MP3 player in dash with separate amplifier for the aftermarket speakers and subwoofer. Loud enough to hear it with the top down but not super loud.
JL Hood latches to eliminate hood flutter going down the highway

I've wheeled with the Ouray crowd a few times and others can tell you how I wheel this Jeep.
20190929_161423_HDR_small.jpg
20190929_161423_HDR_small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: My time for adulting over Jeeping. 2012 Wrangler for sale in Denver

Post by Stuka »

Sucks to sell a Jeep you love, but owning a house is pretty nice. Hope you get what you're asking for it.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
derf

Post by derf »

Stuka wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:01 pm Sucks to sell a Jeep you love, but owning a house is pretty nice. Hope you get what you're asking for it.
Well, ever since I looked at Ted's Scrambler, I've been itching for a longer wheelbase. The JK is great, don't get me wrong, but it's not just about the house. It's about moving on to something different once I can finally get settled.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

derf wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:15 pm
Stuka wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:01 pm Sucks to sell a Jeep you love, but owning a house is pretty nice. Hope you get what you're asking for it.
Well, ever since I looked at Ted's Scrambler, I've been itching for a longer wheelbase. The JK is great, don't get me wrong, but it's not just about the house. It's about moving on to something different once I can finally get settled.
Ahh yeah. I had a 2dr JK for 9 years before getting my 4dr. Its really a LOT nicer for everything that doesn't require a short wheelbase.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
derf

Post by derf »

Price drop to $22k.

Topic author
derf

Post by derf »

Sold

will e

Post by will e »

Sorry that you had to sell the legend. Hopefully the new owner will take good care of Truck Norris.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

will e

Post by will e »

Oh crap, sorry man. I thought you were selling Truck Norris. I should read more before I type. (Can't edit here in the sale section)
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
derf

Post by derf »

Truck Norris is also for sale. This was the Wrangler.