20th anniversary "RE-Invasion"

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Triumph215

Re: 20th anniversary "RE-Invasion"

Post by Triumph215 »

I’m happy about this thread because I don’t use FB.
Will be following everything here and planning to make it if the truck will.
1964 Triumph TR4 with 1964 Olds 215 heart transplant
1977 Wagoneer
2009 BMW GS1200

fxtechphx

Post by fxtechphx »

Any idea what each day will involve? Just trying to plan which days to plan to take off work
Tomorrow we may face destiny, we may fight and die and fall to the fires of perdition, but tonight is ours, and we drink and make merry.

bigun

Post by bigun »

fxtechphx wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:27 pm Any idea what each day will involve? Just trying to plan which days to plan to take off work
Usually there is no planning other than the night before passing the tequila bottle around the fire somebody says hey lets do this trail tomorrow, someone else will say another. In the morning those that want to go on either trail will gather together fire up their steel steeds and head outs

will e

Post by will e »

Bigun is correct. Normally there is little planning in advance. However, for the 20th "RE-Invasion" we are expecting a larger and more dispersed group. I think the goal is around 100 rigs and families. So that will necessitate some effort at organization for the trail rides so we don't all end up on the same trail at the same time!.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

fxtechphx

Post by fxtechphx »

will e wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:35 pm Bigun is correct. Normally there is little planning in advance. However, for the 20th "RE-Invasion" we are expecting a larger and more dispersed group. I think the goal is around 100 rigs and families. So that will necessitate some effort at organization for the trail rides so we don't all end up on the same trail at the same time!.
Thats what I was thinking plus I thought there was going to be a group shot planned.

I am thinking of leaving Phoenix on Wednesday and Leaving Ouray on Sunday
Tomorrow we may face destiny, we may fight and die and fall to the fires of perdition, but tonight is ours, and we drink and make merry.

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

Hope y’all post up pics for the no book of faces users here
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

shortbus4x4

Post by shortbus4x4 »

I'm leaving Post Falls ID on Friday July 8, my 50th birthday. Planning on 5-6 day trip through MT, WY, and CO to get there using mostly two lane state highways or less. I'll be driving a 1968 Jeep M725, possibly towing a M715 if I can't talk my wife into driving it down. I'm working on getting this event posted up on the m715zone.com to get some M series J trucks to come. Be arriving in Ouray probably Wednesday July 13 or early on the 14th. Will be leaving Sunday and taking two days to make it back.

iharding

Post by iharding »

I just confidently announced to my wife that come hell or high water I'm going. It's a year away that's plenty of time to plan.

She said no, your daughter is getting married that weekend.

See you in 2023.

shortbus4x4

Post by shortbus4x4 »

iharding wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:00 pm I just confidently announced to my wife that come hell or high water I'm going. It's a year away that's plenty of time to plan.

See you in 2023.
Hmmmm, tell your daughter to change the date!! You know you don't want your little girl marrying someone, well like you. :evil:
Congratulations. My older two girls are married to good guys and they gave us some grandchildren, yeah. Grandchildren are parents revenge on their kids. :mrgreen:

iharding

Post by iharding »

shortbus4x4 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:44 pm
iharding wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:00 pm I just confidently announced to my wife that come hell or high water I'm going. It's a year away that's plenty of time to plan.

See you in 2023.
Hmmmm, tell your daughter to change the date!! You know you don't want your little girl marrying someone, well like you. :evil:
Congratulations. My older two girls are married to good guys and they gave us some grandchildren, yeah. Grandchildren are parents revenge on their kids. :mrgreen:
LOL they've already changed it a couple times (Thanks COVID). I'm looking forward to the grandkids for sure! Her fiance is way more domesticated than I was so she will have an easier time training him than my wife did...

bigun

Post by bigun »

Not sure if I will make it if I do it'll probably be in the explorer mom will be 94 and I don't think she would take kindly to Crom's lack of creature comforts. Not to mention Crom hasn't been able to move under his own power since 2007 or so. Still have to work out suspension and Black Bart has been sidelined for a while

shortbus4x4

Post by shortbus4x4 »

iharding wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:18 am
shortbus4x4 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:44 pm

See you in 2023.
LOL they've already changed it a couple times (Thanks COVID). I'm looking forward to the grandkids for sure! Her fiance is way more domesticated than I was so she will have an easier time training him than my wife did...
My wife tells me she won't get rid of me because she doesn't have the energy to house break another husband. I guess that's a good thing, it's just how she says it that make it sounds bad. :-?

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

If you go in 2022 I will definitely drop by.
Would love to shake your hand and thank you for all you have done for the SJ community over the past two decades.
Dr.Bob wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:38 pm This would be great!

I will finally have a chance to wear this shirt.

And if I start right now, the J-20 might be done in time for it!

A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

wyocherokee

Post by wyocherokee »

im down for 2022. will come down from wyoming.
89 GW all stock. Custom game carrier and 12v pass through wiring from the PO

duckyde

Post by duckyde »

Hi, just curious if the dates were totally firmed up yet? I also want to add that a lot of folks in the south eastern states would have complications or be unable to attend altogether as kids go back to school generally after the first week of August.

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I just reviewed this post again [it fell off my radar] and Im considering making it a 10-14 day vacation for my wife and I. We have friends in Flagstaff that we can loop in. It would be a major investment for us because we'd be coming from Lakeland Fl in a FSJ that isnt built yet.

shortbus4x4

Post by shortbus4x4 »

rocklaurence wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:30 am I just reviewed this post again [it fell off my radar] and Im considering making it a 10-14 day vacation for my wife and I. We have friends in Flagstaff that we can loop in. It would be a major investment for us because we'd be coming from Lakeland Fl in a FSJ that isnt built yet.
Do eet!

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

Having just returned from wheeling in CO for 10 days this really has me considering this for next year. Usually go after labor day to help escape all of the folks and traffic. Should have my J2000 ready by then but if it’s not I have my “other” old iron ride.
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Triumph215

Post by Triumph215 »

Thank you for posting this here because I don't have FB. I'll put it on the calendar and hope to see you all.
1964 Triumph TR4 with 1964 Olds 215 heart transplant
1977 Wagoneer
2009 BMW GS1200

BaldBeardedBastard

Post by BaldBeardedBastard »

That may just be enough time for me to get the bugs shaken out of the Cummins. Have dates firmed up yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

'86 GW Cummins 2.8/4l60E. Hopefully bouncing down a dusty road somewhere.
Build Thread