Boulder blocks highway near Ouray

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
Mustang Shooter

Boulder blocks highway near Ouray

Post by Mustang Shooter »

Hope this won't effect you guys. Guess you could just crawl over it!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-hig ... de-roadway

Later,
Dan

will e

Re: Boulder blocks highway near Ouray

Post by will e »

Wow, yeah, that does impact my usual route. I have the option of taking the 550 from Durango but that is NOT a fun road if you are trailering a Jeep. And, if 145 is closed, it will be worse because it will be much busier too! Thanks for the heads up!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Don't worry too much guys! They might milk it for a while, but far more likely they'll have it blown out of the way in two weeks. If it only effected the Utes nobody would give a darn, but fortunately for the rest of us that highway supports "energy exploration" so Halliburton will blow that rock up themselves if they have to. Doubt it will make the news when it reopens but come July it'll be interesting to see if anyone even remembers. ;)

Hashbrowns; Gold King Mine.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Explosives have already been used. :D

will e

Post by will e »

Well, that's the last time that rock causes problems. Hopefully all of the other rocks were watching and learned their lesson.

The CDOT guys are great. One year the rains washed down a bunch of rocks and rubble causing a road block on 550. One of the locals said 'Happens all of the time, don't worry the CDOT's will be here in a bit'. Sure enough they showed up with some heavy equipment and cleared the road.

While we were waiting Pat swapped out a wheel bearing and I made cheese crisps.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

HappyTrails

Post by HappyTrails »

Good Times!! See you all in few weeks!!
Pat and Noel