in tank fuel pump

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Twagoneer

Re: in tank fuel pump

Post by Twagoneer »

Order a Novak last Wednesday and it came on Saturday... Really fast service..

Twagoneer

Post by Twagoneer »

Order a Novak last Wednesday and it came on Saturday... Really fast service..

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

Nice, should be a nice setup. Just remember you may need to extend the pickup tube to reach the bottom of your tank. May need some extra fuel rated hose.

Jealous you will have a quieter setup now!

Topic author
ArchitectJS

Post by ArchitectJS »

Since I started this thread:

I just installed the external pump that comes with the EFI kit, from BJs and as suggested by RenoDemonA. Yeah, its loud during prime, but I don't hear anything while its running. Maybe its because I have open pipes... :)

EFI was a complete and utter success. Best money ive spent on my FSJ to date. Just about every post I've made here has been about getting my jeep tuned and running correctly. All of my issues were solved via the Holley Sniper / Hypespark combo. (Granted I did some testing and felt good about my engine otherwise)
1982 Cherokee, base (Bumppo)
AMC 258 / A727 - AMC 20 / NP208
Holley Sniper with Hyperspark
3" Rough County Lift

az chip

Post by az chip »

Sounds like a win. I really enjoy the Sniper. Once I fixed the vacuum leaks it now runs like a champ.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

You guys do any fine tuning to your sniper systems? I did my first "transfer to base" the other day. Taking the learn table and applying it to the base fuel map. Then smoothed out a few areas of peaks and troughs. Seems to run a little better once warm. Also installed the progressive linkage from EFI System Pro. Adjusted the AE vs. TPS Correction to a more progressive linkage friendly map.

az chip

Post by az chip »

1979bettywhite wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:31 pm You guys do any fine tuning to your sniper systems? I did my first "transfer to base" the other day. Taking the learn table and applying it to the base fuel map. Then smoothed out a few areas of peaks and troughs. Seems to run a little better once warm. Also installed the progressive linkage from EFI System Pro. Adjusted the AE vs. TPS Correction to a more progressive linkage friendly map.
That is my next task.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

The initial transfer of the learn table probably helped the most. I followed the direction of the main admins on the holley forums. Here is what they suggest:

Download the config file to the SD card via the handheld screen if just an SD card reader and a laptop to tune. If you have the dongle for attaching a laptop, you can just open it through the software.

When you click the button to transfer it, it will ask if you want the software to smooth it out. They suggested to not do that, so that you can smooth it on your own. So you can click No on that option if you want.

From there, you can then go to the base table and look for spots that can use some manual smoothing. Highlight a small section of cells at a time, graph them, and smooth peaks and troughs in the graph where needed.

After doing all this and running things again, my learn table probably makes between 0-5% correction, which is fine. Mostly due to changes in weather etc.

Also made some changes for my progressive linkage so it does not dump so much fuel into the system upon acceleration up to the time when my secondaries actually start to open.