Edelbrock 2131 gasket requirements

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
Milktruck

Edelbrock 2131 gasket requirements

Post by Milktruck »

What's up y'all?

I've been enjoying the Sniper setup, but have to reseal my intake manifold. It's weeping from the front corner (behind the AC compressor). I'm sure its a total newbie mistake- and hopefully just my error in not cleaning well enough. I'm looking for what is considered the best, most forgiving gasket set up for the install.

When I did the job I only used the valley pan gasket, sealed with "Right Stuff" around the ports and at the ends. The seal seemed to be pretty solid until the weepies showed up about 250 miles in. Upon disassembly, there seemed to be no other issues and the seal was good in the rear and around all ports. I'm reading the installation instructions for the 2131 again and have two copies. One (older) says to use an intake manifold gasket as well (Edelbrock #7213), and the newer instructions don't mention the intake gasket and go straight to the valley pan gasket. Any thoughts on this?

I feel I might be in the opinion zone - but would like to hear the collective wisdom. I'm going to call Edelbrock today as well and my guess is that they will be glad to sell me some intake gaskets.

Thank you for your help!
1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer backdating to 78/88 blend
5.3L LS/3" Lift/Bilstein Shocks/Boobie Grille

Topic author
Milktruck

Re: Edelbrock 2131 gasket requirements

Post by Milktruck »

OK - so after a call to Edelbrock support they DO NOT recommend an intake manifold gasket anymore. Just the valley pan gasket.
1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer backdating to 78/88 blend
5.3L LS/3" Lift/Bilstein Shocks/Boobie Grille