Sniper Linkage issue

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
Wagnstuff

Sniper Linkage issue

Post by Wagnstuff »

Installing Holley sniper on my ‘89 GW w/mopar stroker motor Than was running a Holley tbi/Howell system . Bought off eBay from Holley ( refurb) yesterday but ran into two problems . 1. Inability to hook up fuel lines to the back (3/8’s and 5/16’s hose fittings ) b/c they appear to be 5/8’s male fittings.... And calling around Colorado Springs ...I cant find anyone that makes that adapter or has it in stock. . I tried NAPA auto parts, O’Reilys, several hardware stores too . Employees as Napa encouraged me to try a Whisler Bearing company Here and I called them and they don’t know....gotta drive down there with the ANI fitting that was on the Holley unit as a test piece.

2. My mechanic buddy who is helping me a lot with this marveled as well that there doesn’t seem a way to hook up the throttle & cruise control cables As they would bind if they could be made to con next with the given bracket on the Sniper. How are you guys connecting these??

I’ve been reading the past posts concerning Sniper Installs and I haven really found, to my great amazement, talk of running to Either of these problem by other installers . What gives? Anyone have some helpful advice on this? I’d appreciate it.

Holley must be having problems b/c every time I call I get a recording saying there are more calls than they can handle....”please try again later’.

Frustrated and I haven’t even gotten to ‘deal’ with any of the tuning issues/parameters yet.
1989 jeep GW, 3" lift, fuel injected 408 ci crate motor, air locker rear

Topic author
Wagnstuff

Re: Sniper Linkage issue

Post by Wagnstuff »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Wagnstuff

Post by Wagnstuff »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Wagnstuff

Post by Wagnstuff »

I called Holley...was on hold for over 1 hr...then it hung up!!!! ugh, called back, 30 mins later someone answered! He was very kind and helpful....and is sending out the correct linkage and gasket to dampen a loud hissing/whisling sound that he said would work. Found two adaptors to the ANI fitting for the fuel lines too. It was so good to hear the GW run for the first time in an entire year, and though I wasn't able to drive it yet...it was VERY responsive to the throttle compared to the previous old TBI system, so I"m optimistic

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Fixed your photos for you. Glad you were able to get it going!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Wagnstuff

Post by Wagnstuff »

thx for the photo fix Stuka!