S10 Tank

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
1979bettywhite

S10 Tank

Post by 1979bettywhite »

So I am thinking about swapping to the S10 2 Door Blazer tank now that I am running the sniper kit. I have read up on it a decent amount and think I have most of the bases covered, but wanted to pick everyone's brain on some particulars I am not too clear on.

1. Fill tube. It seems most people are adapting different things to work. I am assuming I would have to cobble something together here with different size pipe pieces to work? What have you guys found to work the best?
2. Sending unit/pickup. From what I can tell, people have adapted something to work here. It looks like I can get a sending unit without the pump for the S10 tank. But it is a 95/0 ohm unit, so I don't think I could use the stock gauge anymore (not opposed to installing an aftermarket). Can I just use a Walbro pump or similar that will put out the required pressure for Sniper with the S10 sending unit? Just may have to use a small piece of hose and some clamps to attach?
3. Vent tube. Looks like there is not a vent tube on the 91 tank? There looks to be a couple of extra lines coming out of the sending unit. Could one of those be used as a vent tube?
4. Lines. I think at this point it would be good to go ahead and size up lines to the 3/8 and 5/16 as I am currently running stock size lines with the Sniper. What's the best way to run lines? Some steel lines for most of the way and the soft lines? Some braided stainless lines all the way?

I will continue my research/reading in the meantime. But if you have some experience, would love to hear your thoughts!

Renodemona

Re: S10 Tank

Post by Renodemona »

So you can get an S10 tank with a high output pump setup that is exactly as stock, I believe it is 255L which is the requirement for the Sniper. I know it works for FiTech. No real need to go messing about since one of the nice things about the S10 tank is that you get off the shelf stock performance with modern baffles and such. I've run 3/8" rubber lines for several years now no issues. Yes, go up in size to at least 5/16. You should run new stainless if you want to, but, I don't know if it would make a difference. Maybe? The fill tube. Yeah. i think you're going to end up making something. Using the middle part of an S10 fill tube and adapting it to the filler in the Wag. It doesn't have to be elegant, just get fuel into the take and be reasonably watertight I 'spose.
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'