TBI, 727, and a kickdown cable bracket…

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
SkylinePCG

Post by SkylinePCG »

Has anyone swapped to TBI, and also used a lokar cable in lieu of the stock linkage rods?

My stock linkage doesn’t line up with the TBI unit, but I can’t find a bracket to mount on it or the edelbrock 2131 intake either.

If there’s a success story out there id love to hear it.

Right now, I’m thinking of welding on some additional space to the factory throttle bracket, and drilling through it to accommodate the lokar kickdown cable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chevelleguy

Post by chevelleguy »

I’m running the Holley projection with the stock linkage, but it uses the Holley style throttle shaft, not the GM shaft. You could get the Holley throttle adapter parts and get creative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David
'83 Wag Limited, 360/727/pinned 229/D44 front/AMC20,lockrite,rear/6" BJ lift w/ 35/12.50/15 M/T Baja MTZ/ Pro-Jection EFI.

'16 Camaro SS
'98 STX1100 Jet ski
'96 ZXi 1100 Jet ski
'90 KDX 200

Theodore

Re: TBI, 727, and a kickdown cable bracket…

Post by Theodore »

i've got a similar set up, but linkage lines up - excuse the wiring rat's nest, am working on that; was bestowed by PO.

Here's a couple different angles of what i have, that may help you: This is supposed to have come from a 1990 C1500 pickup - not sure if you can change the recoil spring/linkage mechanism or not. The dangling piece is for cruise control - I've not yet figured out what i need to connect that - I took these pix to use at PullAPart, if i get there.

1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread

babywag

Re: TBI, 727, and a kickdown cable bracket…

Post by babywag »

edelbrock sells a linkage adapter plate or you can make your own.
it moves throttle cable bracket forward
-Tony
'88 GW (aka Babywag)