How should i fix this

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Jguess85

How should i fix this

Post by Jguess85 »

Hello everyone, i just wanted to ask a quick question.

I have a 79 Golden Eagle that i have purchased. The eagle on the hood is just an outline of the eagle and not filled in. I have seen a few filled in birds on white golden eagles and i have seen a few outlined birds as well. What is the correct eagle or did they just do some filled in and some not? This thing is going to be getting restored once it stops raining in oklahoma long enough to get it out of the pasture. It has surface rust and the rear passagner panel is dented pretty nice from having been in a tornado and another car getting pushed up beside it. The rear end is out from under it and i have a new Spicer 44 waiting to go under it. It came with new springs and shocks and a 4 inch lift sitting in the back cargo area. I did notice they took out the old levi seats at some point and put a different set of seats in it. Ill post pics of how it looks right now in the field.
The motor has been untouched except for the new plug wires i had put on it after the photos were taken. Floors have some pin holes in them but there really is not much rust on this vehicle. im excited to get started on it.

Gallery of pics

https://imgur.com/gallery/bNQv3Y5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ScurvyDawg

Re: How should i fix this

Post by ScurvyDawg »

You should fix it how ever you see fit.
"It Don't Take Long If You Drive Fast"
"I Know I'm Running Late, But The Voices In My Head Keep Telling Me Pull Over And Clean My Guns"

1990 Grand Wagoneer code named Big Pappa
Coming Soon 1979 Cherokee Chief
2012 RAM 1500 Express
2018 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra Code Name Blew Bayou

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Its a Nice Project. I has dents but little rust. Resto-Mod it!! Put a Ford 7.3L gas motor in it as a start.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Jguess85 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:12 amI have seen a few filled in birds on white golden eagles and i have seen a few outlined birds as well. What is the correct eagle or did they just do some filled in and some not?
Back to your question. 40+ year old decal... I think what you are seeing is faded way the heck and gone. Seen a few like that. Some are just an outline of the original. Phoenix Graphics has the correct replacements.

https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/amc/7779gej10.php
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
Jguess85

Post by Jguess85 »

fulsizjeep wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:47 am
Jguess85 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:12 amI have seen a few filled in birds on white golden eagles and i have seen a few outlined birds as well. What is the correct eagle or did they just do some filled in and some not?
Back to your question. 40+ year old decal... I think what you are seeing is faded way the heck and gone. Seen a few like that. Some are just an outline of the original. Phoenix Graphics has the correct replacements.

https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/amc/7779gej10.php
See i didn't know if they just did outlines on some? becuase i have seen them in the past that were just the outlines. so i didn't really know.

Topic author
Jguess85

Post by Jguess85 »

rocklaurence wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:38 am Its a Nice Project. I has dents but little rust. Resto-Mod it!! Put a Ford 7.3L gas motor in it as a start.
Thats some power there. I am looking to get the best millage for this thing it will eventually be an every other day driver. I know people hate it but LS swap or a Cummings in it. I also thought about just throwing a holley snipper or TBI'ing it and leaving the 360.

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

The Fordzilla is hitting 600+hp with a cam and intake change. If Ford puts these in enough vehicles, it'll be as popular as the LS and is bigger [444CID]. I want one for a Fairlane Resto-mod!!!