Secret santa 2019

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
toothofwar

Secret santa 2019

Post by toothofwar »

It's that time of year again. I figured I would give this another shot this year to see if there is any interest. I am a member of another forum and they have a blast with it every year. I have copied the rules from them, however, if anything needs to be changed feel free to let me know.

The rules are simple:

1. PM me your home address by midnight, December 13th. Your forum name will be the contact on the shipping address. If you PM me your real name I will assume you want it on the label as well.

2. On Saturday, December 14th, I will randomize the list of participants and PM you a shipping address.

3. You will send a small flat rate USPS box with the contents of your choosing to that address. People have asked if they can use a larger box, that's entirely up to you.

4. Upon receiving your package, you will take a photo of the contents and post on this thread.

5. Food is allowed. If you have a food allergy please include that in your PM to me so I can let your Santa know.

6. Unfortunately due to outrageous shipping costs, this is limited to US members. Feel free to start your own for your area to spread the cheer around the globe.

7. Please keep items family friendly. This rule will probably be the easiest to keep on this forum. I have felt like one of the family members from day one.

Have fun with it! If you sign up and decide later you might be too busy just let me know before I start sending PM's.

Last edited by toothofwar on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Renodemona

Re: Secret santa 2019

Post by Renodemona »

Sounds interesting and fun, maybe add that presents should be family friendly and at least kinda sorta jeep related?
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Topic author
toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

Renodemona wrote:Sounds interesting and fun, maybe add that presents should be family friendly and at least kinda sorta jeep related?
I've updated the first post. As for the jeep related, I think I'll leave that one open to interpretation. More than likely items will be jeep related, however, I dont want to limit someone to only that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Topic author
toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

Less than 1 month till deadline! Don't forget to PM me to get on the list. I'm really hoping for enough of a turnout to do it this year. Happy holidays!!!

Topic author
toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

2 week till deadline! So far I have only received 2 inquiries. Let's spread some Christmas cheer!!

Topic author
toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

Just one week left folks. Remember to sign up by the 13th.

Topic author
toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

With 3 days left there is little to no interest in the secret Santa.... so looks like it's not happening this year. If the 2 other people that sent there info still wants to participate I can send the others info to you to exchange gifts.

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

I got my secret Santa box a few days ago and sent mine out Wed! I'm excited to open it, I hope whoever gets mine doesn't think its too lame...

Theodore

Post by Theodore »

Hey, Renodemona, package arrived last night. Have it under the tree.

Merry Christmas!
1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread

Theodore

Post by Theodore »

Merry Christmas, FSJeepers!

Secret Santa delivered a few things to help getting our Jeep back to its best. Am sure most of this will end up in/on our Jeep over the next few months. Couple of things I needed, but had not sprung for yet: heat shrink and a lug nut. We lost a cap to one of our lug nuts few months back when we got tires. That will be installed tomorrow, when we do the shackle and bolt swap!
Thanks, Renodemona!

Am wondering what the part is to the right of the lug nut? Is a sending unit of some kind..?

1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread

Topic author
toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

The item between the lug nut and the heat shrink looks like the sending unit for the quadratrac light. I'm glad yall had fun and maybe next year we can get a few more people involved. Merry Christmas everyone!

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Sending unit for the Q-track light, and the circle thing is a brand new rag joint for the steering shaft. Glad the supplies were helpful!