New Member & Trip to pick up a 77 Chief

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Fitz

New Member & Trip to pick up a 77 Chief

Post by Fitz »

Hello all, new member here and my name is Chris. I just wanted to say hello as I will he needing to use the forums knowledge in the near future with a million questions. I had a 2008 JKU and sold it before I relocated for work. I recently moved from Long Beach, Ca to the Houston, Texas area.

After selling my Jeep I’ve learned I can’t be without one. This time I decided to go a bit older. I am flying from Houston to Albuquerque tomorrow morn to pick up a 77 Cherokee Chief and drive it the 900 miles back home. It may be a dumb idea but I’m thinking it’ll be a bit of an adventure. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

will e

Re: New Member & Trip to pick up a 77 Chief

Post by will e »

Welcome! This is the right place to get help and ask a million questions. I hope your adventure is fun. Keep us posted!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Chubbinius

Post by Chubbinius »

Welcome to the forums. There are lots of great folks on here and tons of great information. Have fun and enjoy the road trip back home with your new rig!
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

How'd the trip turn out? I’ve always wanted to do something like this.
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition