Any interest in yet another relay upgrade kit?

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

Recently I've started building compact waterproof relay modules for my GW with intent of using them for all door power windows, tailgate (already installed) and power locks (that would be the last one, still need to figure out wiring). I've described tailgate install in details with some pictures in my build thread.

Today I thought that if there is interest for them I can start selling them. Complete kit (wired box with mounting plate, 2 relays and all required connectors) would be something around $50.

Let me know what you think
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

ShagWagon

Re: Any interest in yet another relay upgrade kit?

Post by ShagWagon »

I need for windows and door locks. Already have a serhills for the tailgate window.
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

RamJetFSJ

Post by RamJetFSJ »

Yes
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

gilbedw

Post by gilbedw »

Yes on the tailgate harness

Topic author
sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

OK, I see there's some interest for those - I'd say that's enough for me to start making few more and we'll see where it goes.

I wanted to say is that so far I've only installed tailgate box on my Jeep (working really good, no issues at all) - that gives me knowledge on how long should wires be and what connectors are easier to use there. I'm planning to start installing window relays next week - after that I'll be ready to build boxes for windows. Power locks will next thing after that. I don't want to sell something that I haven't tried and tested myself - hopefully that makes sense

Having said that I have 1 tailgate box ready to go right now and can probably make a couple more later this week.
gilbedw, if you want it - shoot me a PM

P.S. Another thing that crossed my mind yesterday was that I can make headlight harness using the same GEP box, eliminating two inline fuses and those big Bosch-style waterproof relays (I have pictures of my original design installed in this post) while keeping it waterproof and plug-and-play. I still have to figure out the exact price but I expect it to be $70-80 plus shipping. Let me know if there's interest for that
Last edited by sirrus on Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

dbx11

Post by dbx11 »

Put me in line for a tailgate harness..

gilbedw

Post by gilbedw »

Sirrus Tried to send a PM but not sure it went.
gilbedw

Topic author
sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

I've created a thread in Sales Area which I'm going to be using for selling my modules. Please ask any further questions there or PM me

Sorry for delayed replies, it's been couple of crazy days

dbx11 - PM sent

ShagWagon - I'm planning to have window and lock modules ready to ship in late March. Should I put your for 4 window ones and 1 lock?

RamJetFSJ - please PM me with what module would you like

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

sirrus wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:58 pm I've created a thread in Sales Area which I'm going to be using for selling my modules. Please ask any further questions there or PM me

Sorry for delayed replies, it's been couple of crazy days

dbx11 - PM sent

ShagWagon - I'm planning to have window and lock modules ready to ship in late March. Should I put your for 4 window ones and 1 lock?

RamJetFSJ - please PM me with what module would you like
Yes please. I have 4 lock actuators. Do I just need one for driver switch?
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

Topic author
sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

Yes, for locks it is one module, I think it would be in passenger door after switch - still have to install mine and test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk