COVID-19

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

dodgerammit

Re: COVID-19

Post by dodgerammit »

Yep. It doesn't get easier. I seen it coming. These last two months made a massive difference in his weight, mobility, and happiness. Good days were fewer and fewer. The ride to the vet was the last time I seen him smile. He always loved riding and enjoying the scenery. Glad I got to give that to him one final time. After the sedative, he fell asleep with his head in my lap and me petting him. That's the last thing he knew.

The final pic I have of him, smiling up at me. He is the Lab on the left. Our other goofball is Porsche. Female GSD.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

will e

Post by will e »

Sorry about your buddy Cole. Dogs are awesome.

We went to our favorite restaurant for dinner on Saturday. The manager said it's been slow. Sit down was opened on Tuesday. He said there was a drop off in to go orders too because it was the regulars who are now showing up and they were the folks ordering to go. We over tipped the staff in our little bit to try to help.

I taking a little bit of time to watch NASCAR today. Darlington. I haven't been a fan for about a decade but it felt 'right' to take some time and watch as we try to get back to normal. The stands are literally empty. No seats were sold. But unlike other sports I don't think the drivers notice as much. One positive is the track doesn't have a bunch of trash blowing around.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Dogs. They are awesome. Dog bless them. Very sorry for your loss Cole.

I found my best spotter on the trail was my dog. She lead me on many trails. If the one of the back windows in the Wag was down far enough, she would catapult out to the ground and run ahead of me. She took me the last couple miles to the top of Imogene Pass in 2010. I stopped a couple times to see if she wanted in but she wanted to gooooo. If I had tried that, my heart would have exploded 1/4 of they way up. Dogs are awesome.

Here is Luna (Lunatic) in front of me in a Las Cruces wash. She liked running in sand. That mountain rock can be harsh.

Dogs are awesome.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Yep. Was hoping he would last long enough so I could give him another ride in the Wag after it came back from the rebuild.
Just wasn't meant to be. I could see the pain in his eyes.
He was tired.

They both loved riding. The Jeep was their favorite due to that back window.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

will e

Post by will e »

I went to the store the other day. It was about 2pm and there was plenty of paper towel and TP available. Even had different sizes and brands!

Here is AZ the number of confirmed cases is increasing (more testing) but hospitalizations and deaths have dropped off dramatically. We 'opened up' a couple of weeks ago with lots of social distancing and face masks.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

will e wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:30 am I went to the store the other day. It was about 2pm and there was plenty of paper towel and TP available. Even had different sizes and brands!

Here is AZ the number of confirmed cases is increasing (more testing) but hospitalizations and deaths have dropped off dramatically. We 'opened up' a couple of weeks ago with lots of social distancing and face masks.
Same here. A gradual 'phase in'. We're on the latter part of phase 2 now.

Most grocery stores actually have items on their shelves now, and it doesn't look like Russia in the 90s.

Garden is doing great. Usually, I get it planted, then OT goes through the roof, and the weeds take over.
I've been able to tend to it meticulously (like a retired person) :lol: and it has really shown.
I need to replant the lettuce and spinach now.

Engine is back in the Jeep. Shop is buttoning up the little things that always take forever. Had to run today and get a bunch of little items they needed.

Back in the gym more regularly. They just went back to 24/7 as of Monday.

Got my hair cut professionally late last week. Felt great.

I've not had a 'summer break' like this since I was in my mid teens. Might start watching cartoons again........ :D

will e

Post by will e »

Your post reminded me of my summer break of 2009. The economy was in the tanks and instead of laying people off they cut our pay but gave us extra time off. I was off work almost the entire month of June. I was lucky, the temps almost never got over 100 and I spent almost the entire month doing the initial build of my rig.

BCRAWLER

Post by BCRAWLER »

As an outsider to the states wondering how it is going in your area. I am on Vancouver Island in BC Canada. We are in stage 3. Returning to work with stores and resturaunts opening. Hopefully getting a hair cut this weekend.
1980 Cherokee,360/727/208, propane powered,unknown lift,31' Adventuro's on Chevy rims,Warn winch
1980 J10,360/standard/208, stepside
1970 GMC 4X4 Pickup, 78 frame, 84 350, Turbo 350/205, patina galore
1986 Blazer K5, 350/205/465 trans
1990 Cherokee XJ, about to scrap for FSJ parts, gone to parts graveyard in sky

letank

Post by letank »

Well, it is a real mess... one hand does not know what the other one is doing... so in the midst of it, enjoy some fireworks... it is bastille day...

from the french new web site

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/france/14-j ... 44843.html
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

BCRAWLER wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:58 pm As an outsider to the states wondering how it is going in your area. I am on Vancouver Island in BC Canada. We are in stage 3. Returning to work with stores and resturaunts opening. Hopefully getting a hair cut this weekend.
This is tough to answer without breaking my own rules. But in short, lots of people that refuse to do what is required to help slow it.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

letank

Post by letank »

in short, herd immunity does not work, it does not work for corona viruses. Face mask is the only option until we can produced enough monoclonal antibodies against sars-covid-19 and that home testing is available for $1 to $5 per test.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... unity.html
Michel

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

A vaccine or immunity isnt gonna work.. the common cold is a coronavirus. Whats going to happen is the virus will infect so many people and mutate so much that it will eventually mutate into a non lethal form that just gets you sick but doesnt kill you.

I have no issie wearing masks or gloves and yada yada.. and honestly im never going out to eat again. Not that i ever did that nuch anyway... I always had haircuts at home too...

This Virus is never going away. Life as we know it is changed forever.. Ill just say it
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

BCRAWLER

Post by BCRAWLER »

Here in BC today we had 23 new cases and no deaths. I catch a bus from the town where I live to where I work. It takes an hour. In the morning we are about 10 feet apart and most do not wear masks. On the return trip distance is mostly a few few apart. About 80% wear masks, me included. Our provincial medical person , Dr Bonnie Henry, has been very good on reporting what is happening blow by blow and what we need to do do to go foward. Like many off you when out out and about notice masks are scarce at the mall and next visit seams most are equipped. Just wish I could reach out to one and of all you to help.
1980 Cherokee,360/727/208, propane powered,unknown lift,31' Adventuro's on Chevy rims,Warn winch
1980 J10,360/standard/208, stepside
1970 GMC 4X4 Pickup, 78 frame, 84 350, Turbo 350/205, patina galore
1986 Blazer K5, 350/205/465 trans
1990 Cherokee XJ, about to scrap for FSJ parts, gone to parts graveyard in sky

letank

Post by letank »

BCRAWLER wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:31 pm Here in BC today we had 23 new cases and no deaths. I catch a bus from the town where I live to where I work. It takes an hour. In the morning we are about 10 feet apart and most do not wear masks. On the return trip distance is mostly a few few apart. About 80% wear masks, me included. Our provincial medical person , Dr Bonnie Henry, has been very good on reporting what is happening blow by blow and what we need to do do to go foward. Like many off you when out out and about notice masks are scarce at the mall and next visit seams most are equipped. Just wish I could reach out to one and of all you to help.
you can let your old mask sit for 5 to 7 days, and be reused... but no washing, washing impede the electrostatic built in feature that is the fundamental base of the working mask to stop the 100 to 300nanometer (nm) virus... a plain mask only filters 300nm and above or 0.3 micron
Michel

letank

Re: COVID-19 antibody cocktail

Post by letank »

POTUS appears to have received an antibody cocktail yesterday, REGN-COV2, developed by Regeneron. The development of the cocktail was described in Science in August (see https://1drv.ms/b/s!AuOyHP_aTIy7so9u_gI ... w?e=RYyGuo). The cocktail consists of two of the antibodies described in the Science paper, REGN10933 and REGN10987. The use of two antibodies is intended to decrease the development of escape mutations, similar to the use of multi-drug therapy in tuberculosis to prevent emergence of resistant mutations.
Michel

bigun

Post by bigun »

I finally found a mask

Aiqiano Plague Doctor Mask, Steampunk Long Beak Bird Mask for Adults Kids

Found on Amazon, sorry no link I worry about linking to them. I'm not sure if someone following my link couldn't use it to get into my account

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

I've been using a bandanna. That and my hat pulled down.

Used to be if you went into a store like that they'd pull a gun on you if they had one.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I just spoke to a bloke in Australia who was wanting some Jeep parts and he mentioned the same policies in place there as there are here in the states: masks, phases, virtual work/school, etc.

A few schools in the areas are going back to the actual classroom for school here on modified schedules k-12, most have in person learning k-1, and the other grades are still virtual.

We still have about 7-10 percent not honoring wearing masks in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

I wear my mask... but honestly i wear the same one like 10x before tossing it. I still aear gloves at the gas station and wash my hands. But i no longer wash groceries.. or spray my shoes and strip my cloths and wash em immediatly.

Ive been a little more lax. And im frankly tired of wearing masks. After 30 min my mask is full of water and i can take it off and wring it out from the sweat and breath.

I also had a little congestion in my lungs from wearing them so much causing me to have wheezing. After i stopped wearing the masks it went away. I wear em inside but outside i take it off.

I still think the world and country went overboard shutting down like it did. I think it caused more harm than good.

And i wont make this really political. But i voted trump and still will. But even i think hes faking his diagnosis i dont believe it
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

bigun

Post by bigun »

Monday mom had a DR's appointment to go in with her I used my schemagh as a mask, after 30 minutes I was sneezing, since then I have been having to blow my nose a lot but that could also be from having to go to ALb.