COVID-19

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

will e

Re: COVID-19

Post by will e »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:05 am 18lb pork loin.

Port Tenderloin sliders: (I often make this camping and in Ouray, it's a winner)

Pork tenderloin
Butter
Onions
flour, salt, pepper
Slider buns (or any kind will work...)
Mayo

Cut pork into approx 1" cubes then tenderize into thin patties.
Heat butter in pan, add onions.
Combine flour, salt, pepper to taste.
Dip individual pork slides into flour mixture. Cover both sides well.

When the onions are close to being done, place individual patties into pan but don't put them on top of each other. Flip.

When the patties are done, place on bun with onion and mayo. Enjoy!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

will e wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:30 am
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:05 am 18lb pork loin.

Port Tenderloin sliders: (I often make this camping and in Ouray, it's a winner)

Pork tenderloin
Butter
Onions
flour, salt, pepper
Slider buns (or any kind will work...)
Mayo

Cut pork into approx 1" cubes then tenderize into thin patties.
Heat butter in pan, add onions.
Combine flour, salt, pepper to taste.
Dip individual pork slides into flour mixture. Cover both sides well.

When the onions are close to being done, place individual patties into pan but don't put them on top of each other. Flip.

When the patties are done, place on bun with onion and mayo. Enjoy!
Oh yeah! :-bd Lets get some recipes up in here! Make a nice addition to a stay at home thread.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Glad mom is good Bigun! :-bd

Noms, food stuff! I just picked up a half steer on Friday. 187# processed. We got the meat.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Thanks will e!
Yeah folks, food options are always good.

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Our part of a steer was just delivered today. 125# of it. We'll be good for a long time.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

bigun

Post by bigun »

Mom got a call this afternoon from her hair dresser telling her she can no longer have customers come to her shop, but she can go to them.
Sounds silly to me You can't have old women come to your shop, but you can go to their houses doesn't sound like it is much of a quarantine. It does mean I don't have to get up and make coffee 06:00 on Friday so that we can get breakfast and make her 08:30 appointment.
The shop my Aunt works at shut down last week

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

My work still hasn't shut down. They won't till mandated to. If it gets much worse in TN, I'll take a leave. Already informed my supervisor of my intent.

I run on one functioning lung. Have asthma on top of that. A respiratory infection is serious crap for me. Pneumonia could easily be fatal for me.

I can't get double pneumonia like normal people can. Regular pneumonia IS double pneumonia for me. This virus WOULD kill me.

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Well, went in to work. They had a meeting with sign up sheets for voluntary furlough. 1/2 pay during the 2 weeks. I'm officially staying away from public areas as much as I can. Went home and went for a bike ride in the countryside.

will e

Post by will e »

dodgerammit wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:33 pm Well, went in to work. They had a meeting with sign up sheets for voluntary furlough. 1/2 pay during the 2 weeks. I'm officially staying away from public areas as much as I can. Went home and went for a bike ride in the countryside.
Be safe! It sounds like you are a very high risk individual.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

tedlovesjeeps71

dodgerammit wrote:My work still hasn't shut down. They won't till mandated to. If it gets much worse in TN, I'll take a leave. Already informed my supervisor of my intent.

I run on one functioning lung. Have asthma on top of that. A respiratory infection is serious crap for me. Pneumonia could easily be fatal for me.

I can't get double pneumonia like normal people can. Regular pneumonia IS double pneumonia for me. This virus WOULD kill me.
I feel your pain. My wife is high risk for a variety of reasons. Her work put out a memo a couple weeks ago suggesting they would consider those who wished to request to work from home, do so. Provided their duties were able to be performed from home. We wrote a letter requesting they allow her as she is high risk, is fully able to do 100% of her work from home, and has proven previously she can do so successfully without supervision.
They turned her down.
I almost told her to quit but we would be in a thought spot financially.
Today they were told the “stimulus” should allow them to get a loan to keep going. Tomorrow they have a meeting to discuss everything including how the governor just closed the state.
We are working on another request for her to work from home. If they deny that I am going to have a blunt conversation with the owner, face to face. She may lose her job after that but either way she will be home.

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Money can't buy immunity to this disease. What good is money if you die trying to make more? That is where I was.

tedlovesjeeps71

dodgerammit wrote:Money can't buy immunity to this disease. What good is money if you die trying to make more? That is where I was.
I agree completely. I’ve had a hard sell with the wife. She never understood why I always try and buy “too much”, didn’t really get why I pushed for ya to move to the country to a property with a well. She’s getting it now. Tomorrow when she hears what the owner has to say she will make a second request to be allowed to work from home. If they deny her I will push as best I can for her to quit. If she does that it will be only my income to keep us going and we probably won’t make it long. Finding a new job as this virus is still growing isn’t very likely either. I can only suggest she quit and hope we can make it work and get her to understand that alive and broke is better than sick then dead.

will e

Post by will e »

She can't work if she's dead.

Hopefully the Government checks will help you folks too.

tedlovesjeeps71

will e wrote:She can't work if she's dead.

Hopefully the Government checks will help you folks too.
Yup. Still no meeting or word from her work so I’m guessing they will wait until the end of the day and say some kumbya BS and for everyone to keep working as usual.
As for the government checks... Image I do t want to get started on that topic. Haha. I will say I’ve heard some younger folks have quit their jobs because they don’t understand those checks are a one time hand out. Morons.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:26 am As for the government checks... Image I do t want to get started on that topic. Haha. I will say I’ve heard some younger folks have quit their jobs because they don’t understand those checks are a one time hand out. Morons.
Yeah, that whole thing is a mess. I am fine with helping out those that are unable to work because of this, they need it. But it should not be a handout to every single person. And, going off the last two times the feds have done this, it will be 2-3 months before anybody sees a check.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

tedlovesjeeps71

Stuka wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:26 am As for the government checks... Image I do t want to get started on that topic. Haha. I will say I’ve heard some younger folks have quit their jobs because they don’t understand those checks are a one time hand out. Morons.
Yeah, that whole thing is a mess. I am fine with helping out those that are unable to work because of this, they need it. But it should not be a handout to every single person. And, going off the last two times the feds have done this, it will be 2-3 months before anybody sees a check.
The entire thing is a **** show. I truly understand the vast complexities of this but it isn’t going very well.
It’s only a matter of time before the government bows to social pressures and creates another stimulus bill to give more people more money. Then another. And another...
meanwhile they are taking actions which are highly unconstitutional all in the name of “public good”.
I get that the virus is deadly and has panicked the unprepared and high risk, I understand that stopping the spread was a valid idea but that ship has long since sailed. Now they are attempting to spend their way out of it which will have disastrous repercussions in the near and distant future.
They are playing fast and loose with our taxes (while many of them are getting richer) at the cost of our liberties with zero accountability.
I’ve been telling folks that as bad as the virus is, it will be the ramifications of our actions to deal with it which is the true danger.

letank

Post by letank »

One of the real stimulus would be to end the usury rate that the credit card are charging 18% and more, it should be prime + 5%, and end those $39 late fee. Of course the supreme court has sided with the banks many years ago... all we need is an executive order.... right!

the ruling
https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card ... s-1282.php
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

tedlovesjeeps71

There is a great amount of misuse/abuse by all sorts of financial perspectives. Some of it is highly shady (if not outright illegal) while some of it is only an issue by personal decisions.
If someone willingly accepts a credit card with an exorbitant interest rate that is all their own fault.
But when the government decides its accepted to steal (because that is what it is) $350 million dollars from US taxpayers to give to illegals, where is the accountability?
When the HOR votes themselves a raise for poorly performing the jobs we already elected them to do, where is the accountability?
Joe and Jane Doe may be facing very hard times because they have never pondered what happens if the shtf, and certainly didn’t prepare for it. In theory of nature (survival of the fittest), they would perish by their own failures. But we are seeing government forcing many people into a situation which could possibly be handled by the individual, working with their employers, and not cause such an issue. But once big brother starts tossing his weight around he must accept the full responsibility. Unfortunately, their answer to everything is spend more of our money.

bigun

Post by bigun »

Mom had such credit card debt that she would pay the monthly bills, then she had to use the cards to buy groceries and such. Finally talked her into declaring bankruptcy. Made a difference in her life
Now if I could do that with my student loans from 1990!

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Over 1000 confirmed cases today in TN. Wish this governor would shut down the state. Went from 150ish 7 days ago. An 8 month old has tested positive.