Pinched nerves... worst pain in the world by far

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Waggy McGee

Re: Pinched nerves... worst pain in the world by far

Post by Waggy McGee »

candymancan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:34 pm Im not going anywhere near a hospital with the china virus going around. I have no insurance anyway. Theyd charge me 3,000$ just to see a doctor and have them do a basic physical. Ive done it before for a seperate issue 2 years ago. They did a basic physical and in 30 min i was out and they did nothing for my issue. And i got a bill in the mail for 2700$ lol.

It isnt a warning sign of anything like diabetes or something. It was just a pinched nerve.. pinched nerves in the neck or lower back can send paint to the arms and legs and cause numbness. Unless blood flow or the nerves were severed or something it usually goes away after 6-12 weeks for extreme cases. But i have read where people have it for years.

So unless im dying ill never go back to a hospital in my life. I told this to the hospital adminiatrator and the lady who helps with making payments or financial assistance and they were both saddened to hear it because its that bad in this country that people would rather chose pain or death than have huge medical bills and im not the only one who does this.

Im also not getting health insurance with 5-6500$ deductables and high payments either. Prior to obamacare i had a 500 deductable 120$ 25 copay plan with kaiser. Was great insurance., after the healthcare act came out. My payments went to 330$ a month. 1000$ deductable. So i looked at the worst plan and it was 220 a month and 6500$ deductable. So this whole healthcare act wcrewed everything medically for me.

All to help people who refused prior to get health insurance.. If i could find a plan for 120$ a month and 500$ deductable.. why couldnt other people my age. Instead they bitched about the healthcare system and now made it worse. So now people with insurance pay for everyone who doesnt so they can now have inaurance for almost pennies.

I refuse to be part of that.

Yes my pain was unbearable. I felt like i was dying. But even with the screeming like a pig that got shot pain i still refused to see a doctor due to me knowing the costs involved.

Thankfully though, it healed and the pain is gone. I think i suffered some minor nerve damage hense why the two fingers are still very slightly numb. But they are starting to get better very slowely. I think it just needs more time is all.

Had a fractured ankle years ago too. Right after the healthcare act came out and i couldnt afford thr high payments on my insurances (new plan) i franctured my ankle. Lol, it was so bad my ankle was black from the blood and the size of a grapefruit. But alas no insurance so i had to wrap it and just eat asprin. Thankfully i got lucky. It healed and i can run and jump and do whatever... Except kneel down on the right knee. The position it puts the ankle in hurts alot.

Oh well
I know this post is a little dated, but I had very similar symptoms etc recently. The upper arm pain...literally brought me to tears. Not sure it was the pain specifically, but that it just wouldn’t stop. And I didn’t cry when I had a baby. I digress....after the neck/arm/shoulder pain subsided after a cortisone shot I still had pain in my hand, numbness, pins and needles etc, bad at night. Mostly in my first two fingers and thumb, my orthopedic dr said it’s probably carpel tunnel. He said that nerve pain doesn’t skip, so if it’s in the shoulder and the hand, if related, it would be down the entire arm. So, I got a wrist brace and wore it To bed and there’s a night and day difference.
Again, not sure if this helps but there were such similarities that I thought I would share.
Insurance does blow (I pay $500 a paycheck for a family of 3 with a 3,000 deductible), but this is the only vessel I’ve got so I don’t see that I have much choice. Take care

Clifton Fisher

Post by Clifton Fisher »

Phils67 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:18 pm I completely understand the pinched neck nerve thing. Have had that going on longer than i can recall. My left arm always is pins and needles and I cant look up for more than a few seconds without it going numb. I never sleep good on fleece pizza blanket and when I start to i wake up from it. I feel your pain. Sucks getting older. Now I just tore my right lat at work (I know, super weird thing to tear) and am out on comp. If it isn't one thing its another. I dont have any useful advice for this other than muscle relaxers if the doc will give them to you and NSAIDs. Hope you feel better. Pinched nerves don't alleviate themselves to my unprofesional knowledge. Going from my own experiences I've just learned to live with it, but that takes some folks years to get used to. Good luck and hopefully for you it'll let up some. (I didn't read the whole post so if it has already then awesome)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I agree with you that pinched nerves make you very much pain. Please tell me what should we do about this as you know about it.

Dolores Sanders

Post by Dolores Sanders »

candymancan wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:30 am Thpught id post an update. The last 4 days my pain has been 95% gone. I can work on the Jeep and actual work. And sleep with no pain in site. Its still there a little like a 1 outa 10 if i think about it or turn my neck too far when sleeping on side sleeper mattress. And the arm weakness is still there oddly. When pushing a lawn mower i cant push the bar down to pop the front wheels off the ground. Very strange how much m7scle weakness i have lol.

But im so thankful my pain is gone. I hope i never experience this again.

The two fingers are still numb though. I wonder if they will ever go back to normal.

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Isnt dated... my linched nerve came back a week ago... And i didnt do anything.. no working on my Jeep or nothing. I think it might be from drinking. Ive been drinking alot the last 2 months.. and I wonder if that brought back this injury.

Uhg. Thankfully it isnt as bad as it was originally.. but ut hurts to lay in bed.. and its hurting my arm like it did before.

This sucks
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)