Pinched nerves... worst pain in the world by far

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
candymancan

Re: Pinched nerves... worst pain in the world by far

Post by candymancan »

It is letting up, im able to function again, my neck i can look all over and look behind my self when driving, the pain comes and goes though, like the other day it hurt like hell again, but today the pain in the neck is maybe a 2 outa 10. It actually is starting to burn more now than pain. Like a cold burning sensation in the muscles.

The left arm though, while better still hurts alot, and its very weak. I can use it for little things, but i cant support my weight yet with it still like laying on the ground to have my friend rub my back i collapsed trying to use both arm as my left arm gave out. The pointing finger and middle finger are still numb. I can feel even slight touches in them, just not 100% hard to explain. And the muscles tensing up in the arm is what sucks the most. I finally got sick of my muscles tensing up so much i took my thumb in my right hand and started digging into my muscles and rubbing them hard and deep down. That helped alot actually, but in the process i bruised myself lol which now hurts haha. Coughing hurts too so i gatta cough weird to keep the pain from pulsing to my arm.

I dunno, its alot better at least now. The pain isnt a 20 outa 10 or screaming for dear life wanting to cry anymore, overall id say its a 6/7 outa 10 on some days and like today its a 2/3 outa 10.

So it does seem to be healing and getting better at least. On week 3 now...

Another issue im noticing is im starting to wheeze when i breathe, i can hear it and i gatta constantly clear my throat up. I think its from me forgetting to use a mask for the 2-3 days i spent in the junkyard cutting the frame and trailer hitch out of a 79 cherokee for my 90. I did use a n99 mask for my Jeep though when i cut and ground down metal and stuff for a week straight. The mask was black when i was done so im glad i remembered to use it.. But i really feel stupid for not remembering to use one on the 79 cherokee when i was cutting with those aluminum oxide cutting wheels.

Wheezing is never a good sign, i know i got stuff in my lungs, i just hope i didnt damage them perm or something. Another thing that sucks is you cant buy painting respirators either. Breathing in those heavy paint fumes from when i had to go under the Jeep and paint after i cleaned up the rust didnt help either. I had a fan going, and i had my n99 mask on with a thick wet wash cloth to help.. but i could still smell the chemicals. Utter BS how the government confiscated chemical respirators
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

letank

Post by letank »

Initially I was thinking Thoracic outlet syndrome, but no swelling right... check wikipedia... but at this point you need to address your pain, you really need to avoid nerve damage... go to a chiropractor as a first opinion... an MD will ask for CT $can... and more te$t$... not too sure which states you live in... but there are some health plan options, you can join a group to benefit from a group rate... one of my friend joined an architect group, he is not an architect... may be the local plumber union, join the union pay your dues for the quarter or semester... talk around with your contacts... remember 7 degrees of separation...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Im in virginia they have free medicare ive been thinking of signing up for.

But yea i worry sbout the nerve damage as the arm isnt really letting up. And its been over 3 weeks. I finally got my stimulous money. So ive been calling chirropractors but not liking who ive called so far.

MReese Wagoneer

Post by MReese Wagoneer »

as most have said take care of #1
i have used a chiropractor as well and 100% believe in them
chronic back issue have been 98% eliminated
that and an occasional Asian message with the wife

i can feel your pain but at 55 i have been mostly free for about 10 years now
Ohh and I HATE HATE HATE pills , i take them for heart issues and some supplements but pain pills NO
:fsj:
New 83 Wagoneer Brougham
old 99 Grand Cherokee Limited
http://www.mandgoilandlube.com

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

same way with pills. i hate medication i wont take it. But for this amount of pain... yea..

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Worse than kidney stones?
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

yes way worse. and those pass.. Imagine that pain for 3 weeks straight non stop

threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Yes I had the neck pain from hell two years ago. It took several minutes just to get myself into bed and couldn’t drive a car. I got mine from operating a rear mounted tractor attachment (box blade) for two days in a row. The pain slowly went away after a two days of agony. It is still not all gone, probably never will be.

About 35 years ago I developed sciatica or a pinched nerve of sorts. This when I spent my time hunched over my work bench for 10 hours a day 7 days a week. It felt like there was a splinter in the ball and socket joint of my pelvis. I felt perfectly fine until I began to apply my weight on the leg, the more weight, the more the pain. The pain from this was on par with the neck pain I describe above and would sometimes move from one leg to the other but never both at the same time. I dealt with this on and off for two decades before a friend showed me a simple stretch she thought might work. I have considered myself cured for about 15 years now since I began doing the stretching.

What I am getting from all the posts is long term exposure. I would warn anyone not to remain in an unusual position for a “significant” length of time.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

Between a car falling on me in ‘95 and several spinal subluxations since due to several whiplashes, falling out of a tree that I was de-limbing backwards (ladder snapped due to someone cutting 1/2 way through it) and 2 rollover crashes plus a myriad of other issues and subsequent weight gain.
Chiro put it back in place and Asian Shiseido (back walking) massage helped keep it there plus relieve the muscle tension around it.
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

threepiece wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:15 am Yes I had the neck pain from hell two years ago. It took several minutes just to get myself into bed and couldn’t drive a car. I got mine from operating a rear mounted tractor attachment (box blade) for two days in a row. The pain slowly went away after a two days of agony. It is still not all gone, probably never will be.

About 35 years ago I developed sciatica or a pinched nerve of sorts. This when I spent my time hunched over my work bench for 10 hours a day 7 days a week. It felt like there was a splinter in the ball and socket joint of my pelvis. I felt perfectly fine until I began to apply my weight on the leg, the more weight, the more the pain. The pain from this was on par with the neck pain I describe above and would sometimes move from one leg to the other but never both at the same time. I dealt with this on and off for two decades before a friend showed me a simple stretch she thought might work. I have considered myself cured for about 15 years now since I began doing the stretching.

What I am getting from all the posts is long term exposure. I would warn anyone not to remain in an unusual position for a “significant” length of time.

Yea man.. now that aucks. I couldnt deal with this for 10 years.. Its too much. Id habe to file for disability because yhis really limits me working

Only good thing from all this is it made me stop drinking LOL. Havent had a drink ina month now. Because alcohol makes nerve pain worse

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

My back is so out of sorts right now due to moving my wife into an apartment close to her work and Drs for upcoming medical issues. Took me so long to load (hell, to even wake up and get up this AM was a mega effort) with my helper that it was dark when we finished unloading.
Now I have to set stuff up in the AM and I wish I had Chiro or massage tonight. My neck feels like the muscle is twisted on a hook between my T-12 and L-1 where I had a vertical crack when I was 17.
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

MReese Wagoneer

carnuck wrote:Between a car falling on me in ‘95 and several spinal subluxations since due to several whiplashes, falling out of a tree that I was de-limbing backwards (ladder snapped due to someone cutting 1/2 way through it) and 2 rollover crashes plus a myriad of other issues and subsequent weight gain.
Chiro put it back in place and Asian Shiseido (back walking) massage helped keep it there plus relieve the muscle tension around it.
Just be happy to be walking lol Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New 83 Wagoneer Brougham

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Thpught id post an update. The last 4 days my pain has been 95% gone. I can work on the Jeep and actual work. And sleep with no pain in site. Its still there a little like a 1 outa 10 if i think about it or turn my neck too far when sleeping. And the arm weakness is still there oddly. When pushing a lawn mower i cant push the bar down to pop the front wheels off the ground. Very strange how much m7scle weakness i have lol.

But im so thankful my pain is gone. I hope i never experience this again.

The two fingers are still numb though. I wonder if they will ever go back to normal.

threepiece

Post by threepiece »

candymancan wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:15 am

I took a shower to clean up, and went to bed.. After i woke up 90% of my pain in my neck and rhomboid muscle that connect the spine and shoulder blade were gone. My arm no longer hurts anymore either at least sitting still and doing little thingas... OMG
I have had this happen to me more than a few times and have heard similar comments from others too. One of the first things I do now when the pain starts is put in ear plugs, get warm and comfortable and go to sleep.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Hard to sleep if you have this much pain. Trust me i couldnt rest in any position. I was screeming sitting up. Laying. Down. Couldnt go on my sides or my stomach or lay flat back it hurt too much.

Anyway im like 100% now. No pain. Hiwever my two fingers are still a little numb.. not sure if they will ever go back to nornal that sucks

MReese Wagoneer

candymancan wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:30 am Thpught id post an update. The last 4 days my pain has been 95% gone. I can work on the Jeep and actual work. And sleep with no pain in site. Its still there a little like a 1 outa 10 if i think about it or turn my neck too far when sleeping. And the arm weakness is still there oddly. When pushing a lawn mower i cant push the bar down to pop the front wheels off the ground. Very strange how much m7scle weakness i have lol.

But im so thankful my pain is gone. I hope i never experience this again.

The two fingers are still numb though. I wonder if they will ever go back to normal.
Good to hear
:-bd
New 83 Wagoneer Brougham

letank

Post by letank »

Thinking about this long episode of your syffering, numbness and tiggling is a warning sign... before the nerves go dead. You should have a public hospital in your area for a consult, that charges on a sliding scale.
Michel

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Im not going anywhere near a hospital with the china virus going around. I have no insurance anyway. Theyd charge me 3,000$ just to see a doctor and have them do a basic physical. Ive done it before for a seperate issue 2 years ago. They did a basic physical and in 30 min i was out and they did nothing for my issue. And i got a bill in the mail for 2700$ lol.

It isnt a warning sign of anything like diabetes or something. It was just a pinched nerve.. pinched nerves in the neck or lower back can send paint to the arms and legs and cause numbness. Unless blood flow or the nerves were severed or something it usually goes away after 6-12 weeks for extreme cases. But i have read where people have it for years.

So unless im dying ill never go back to a hospital in my life. I told this to the hospital adminiatrator and the lady who helps with making payments or financial assistance and they were both saddened to hear it because its that bad in this country that people would rather chose pain or death than have huge medical bills and im not the only one who does this.

Im also not getting health insurance with 5-6500$ deductables and high payments either. Prior to obamacare i had a 500 deductable 120$ 25 copay plan with kaiser. Was great insurance., after the healthcare act came out. My payments went to 330$ a month. 1000$ deductable. So i looked at the worst plan and it was 220 a month and 6500$ deductable. So this whole healthcare act wcrewed everything medically for me.

All to help people who refused prior to get health insurance.. If i could find a plan for 120$ a month and 500$ deductable.. why couldnt other people my age. Instead they bitched about the healthcare system and now made it worse. So now people with insurance pay for everyone who doesnt so they can now have inaurance for almost pennies.

I refuse to be part of that.

Yes my pain was unbearable. I felt like i was dying. But even with the screeming like a pig that got shot pain i still refused to see a doctor due to me knowing the costs involved.

Thankfully though, it healed and the pain is gone. I think i suffered some minor nerve damage hense why the two fingers are still very slightly numb. But they are starting to get better very slowely. I think it just needs more time is all.

Had a fractured ankle years ago too. Right after the healthcare act came out and i couldnt afford thr high payments on my insurances (new plan) i franctured my ankle. Lol, it was so bad my ankle was black from the blood and the size of a grapefruit. But alas no insurance so i had to wrap it and just eat asprin. Thankfully i got lucky. It healed and i can run and jump and do whatever... Except kneel down on the right knee. The position it puts the ankle in hurts alot.

Oh well

letank

Post by letank »

a little bit of reading about charge$ by ho$pital$

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/heal ... rates.html

Yes, Virginia is on top as well for over-charging
Michel

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Yea Virginia does have medicare for people under 45. My friend suggested i sign up for that. And maybe i will but i dunno