A/C brackets for Sanden A/C Compressor 1967 Jeepster

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
FRANKE

A/C brackets for Sanden A/C Compressor 1967 Jeepster

Post by FRANKE »

I'm installing a Vintage A/C unit in my 67 Jeepster Commando with the V-6 225 dauntless engine. I relocated my alternator to the drivers side and now am looking at best alternative for A/C brackets for Sanden A/C Compressor!

Any suggestions short of fabricating them? I have heard rumors older buick V-8 or V-6 A/C brackets may work but no confirmation. Any help is appreciated.

tgreese

Re: A/C brackets for Sanden A/C Compressor 1967 Jeepster

Post by tgreese »

Welcome from Boston.

You understand that the Jeepster is not a full-sized Jeep? It's more like the CJs than the Grand Wagoneer and full-sized pickups, which this forum is about.

I expect you can adapt something from a Buick passenger car if you can find a donor. You might also ask at the Buick forums, since this overlaps with the Buick passenger car owner's interests.

The Wagoneer came with the Buick 350 1968-1970 and that undoubtedly had optional air conditioning, both factory and dealer installed. Unlikely it was a Sanden though. You can look at the '62-73 J-series parts book here https://oljeep.com/edge_parts_man.html and it may have some helpful drawings. The Buick 350 V8 is very much like the 225 V6 in the brackets and accessories and such.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.