FNG from Colorado

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
daingmaing

FNG from Colorado

Post by daingmaing »

Hey all. New guy here from Telluride, CO...

I've been lurking for a bit, and have yet to pull the trigger on an FSJ just yet. I am looking forward to owning a jeep that doesn't rely upon any sensors or computers.

I frequent other Jeep forums, and thought I should just stop and say hi.

I am a regular over at Cherokeetalk, and have been a Jeep fan since '06.

I have my Yeti: a 98 GC, and build thread here: https://www.cherokeetalk.com/threads/th ... ect.54313/

I'm looking forward to all of the FSJ info I can soak up, primarily a 79 through 83 Cherokee.

I'm really stoaked that there is a FSJ invasion in Ouray next July. I'll be in attendance for certain. Be wary of Black Bear Pass about then, traffic is out of control and a ton of idiots this past summer. Luckily no deaths, but at least half a dozen roll overs. That pass as well as Imogene is getting worse by the year. I would expect them to close Black Bear in the next 5 years or so...

Thanks for being here y'all.

will e

Re: FNG from Colorado

Post by will e »

Howdy from Phoenix! It's great that you live so close to Ouray, looking forward to meeting you next year.

If you see a rig in the Phoenix area you are interested in I can go check it out for you. I am not an expert but do know a few things..
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

letank

Re: FNG from Colorado

Post by letank »

Welcome to the asylum... it looks like you have done quite a lot on that GC... cheers for your future challlenges.

I would skip the 79 to avoid dealing with the QT transfer case, albeit a great case, it is the transmission shaft with its small number of spline for the QT coupling that may give you more headaches! In fact 80 was a QT year as well, but not the same transfer case...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)