Are new windshields still available in the U.S. ?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Rustbucket78

Are new windshields still available in the U.S. ?

Post by Rustbucket78 »

Sooner or later I'm going to need a new windshield.
The only good spare one I had mysteriously split down the middle of inside laminate.
What makes it worse still is that I'm in the UK.
So I'm just wondering if they're still available new in the USA, and a ball park figure that I would expect to pay.

Then, if I find somewhere in the UK that can supply/fit, I'll know just how much I'm being ripped off
78 Cherokee W/T AMC 360 QT - Work In Progress
81 Cherokee W/T Laredo AMC 360 factory RHD WIP
79 Cherokee 4 door 258 QT WIP
79 Cherokee 4 door AMC 360 QT totally rotted out :(
78 Cherokee W/T AMC 360 QT totally rotted out :(
Hopefully if I live long enough I'll get to drive the first three.

fsj454

Re: Are new windshields still available in the U.S. ?

Post by fsj454 »

HI .I have 6 windsheilds with different manufacturers Safeguard. PPG. Safelite. . That's off the top of my head
:fsj:454.nv4500.205.twin stick.hydo boost. hydrolic clutch.dana 60s.soa.37s 17inch.tration bar.warn 1200. 4 wheel disc.aero29 gallon .conferr roof rack.spal pulse width modulation.spal duel fans.painless battery isolator.duel batterys.factory cb. headers 2 1/2 duels.4.56 Detroit locker.alloy 35 spline axles.stainless brake lines .holley 770.edelbrock.fuel.water.intake.H4s.head light relays.racho 9000 shocks.rock ram.steering box brace.j20 steering box.msd8265 probillet distributor.msd super conductor wires.

Artif

Post by Artif »

I'm going to need one as well, at some point soon (also UK). Have you spoke to autoglass, they managed to get a freind a windshield for a 60 Cadillac, a one year only model.
79 J20 258 4speed
Right hand drive built for the UK, where it and I live.

gopher_6_9

Post by gopher_6_9 »

Recieved mine today, ordered on Monday from a local glass company Jack Morris auto glass, Paid $180.xx out the door delivered to my shop (they have trucks in the area daily, so no delivery charge).

gophman

Post by gophman »

If you're insured with windscreen cover just claim..... That's what I'm doing with our two.