Bitter sweet news...

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
HowardT64

Bitter sweet news...

Post by HowardT64 »

Sadly, I have sold my Wag :( I cannot get her fixed like she needs. My back is just not up to me working on her like she needs. I sold her to the Jeep dealership here, rather I got a trade in on a new Jeep Patriot. Im excited that I can get around now with AC and the works, but im sad that my old...Duck Blind is going. The Owner of the dealership told me he is going to restore her hopefully in time for the release of the new Grand Wagoneer.

I am glad she will be spruced up and such. Will be nice to see her in her glory on a showroom floor once again.

I dont know if this means I have to leave the site. Id like to stay... Ill understand if I have to go.

Its been fun, truly... Ill still be in a Jeep just not a Wag...

Love you all...

:( :( :( :(
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

will e

Re: Bitter sweet news...

Post by will e »

Well that's a bummer! Selling them is hard. But as we get older working on them is hard too. My Jeep isn't a daily driver so I already had the comforts of a newer car. I totally understand where you are coming from.

And ownership is not a requirement to stay on the site. Who knows? Perhaps one day you will find one you like again!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

We all hate selling vehicles we love, but sometimes its what we have to do.

You have been here for a long time, and you are of course welcome to hang out still, lots of us don't have one anymore (myself included).
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

letank

Post by letank »

yes, a bummer, those FSJ are expensive mistresses... Hang around and keep posting your new feelings and adventures with the patriot... after all at some point we are going to have to buy an alternate vehicle... still no AC for me!
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

runuover86gw

Post by runuover86gw »

I feel your pain and it sucks. After years and years of the military beating up my body, I now have plates, screws and other various things implanted into my body and up to I think 14 surgeries now with more than one procedure performed during each surgery. And it hurts to do most things. But unless I find someone I completely trust to work on my vehicles, I just deal with the pain and suffer afterwards. I figure if I am going to be in pain every day, I might as well keep doing what I enjoy doing until I physically can no longer do it. Which is where I am guessing you are at. But I inherited extreme hardheadedness from both sides of my family. Completely Dutch on my Mom's side and a complete Scandinavian mix on my Dad's. To give you an example of the hardheadedness, here is just one example from both sides. My Grandpa on my Dad's side drove himself to the hospital back home in Minnesota while he was having a heart attack and checked himself in. We were all like, what in the hell were you thinking. Then my other Grandpa on my Mom's side, again back home in Minnesota would get out to clear the driveway every time it snowed, because they lived on a hill, in his 1950's Allis Chalmers tractor all the way until he was about 90 and they were forced to sell the house due to health issues.
Josh's Classic Custom Auto Electronics LLC, Owner/Founder
https://www.facebook.com/JoshsFSJRelayKits
1986 GW 360/NP229/TF727/Dana 44's
1986 Comanche
1979 Wagoneer Limited 360/Quadra-Trac/Turbo 400/Dana 44's

Topic author
HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

Thanks folks, I appreciate the support. It is Monday now...in a couple of hours, Ill have my last ride in the old girl as I will be dropping her off at the dealership. Its comforting to know that the owner of the place is going to restore her to her original glory. She will get GOOD treatment and have things done I could never do.

My New Jeep, holy crow it is nice!! I gave up a couple of things but gained a few. Most importantly AC!! I have an onboard computer which allows me to connect my phone via Bluetooth. I have a mix of tech and old style...which is fine with me. No backup camera, but that is fine. Ill take a bunch of pics soon and share them here. I was able to get all my camping gear into the cargo area of the new Jeep. If I had a garage, I could just put that stuff there...for now its fine. Body style really is not that different, just a BIT smaller. She runs beautifully and has only 57k miles...I wont be working on this one for a long time!!!

Again, thanks for letting me stay :)
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"