Jeep loses power

Area for General FSJ related chat.

will e

Re: Jeep loses power

Post by will e »

Does it want to stall out right when you stab the gas or as its trying to accelerate?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

letank

Post by letank »

Hunter82 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:30 pm Now when I get on the gas it wants to stall out. Is that running to rich?
Not familiar with the 1407, but according to Edelbrock this is a big, big carb, 750cfm, the oem 2150 is about 355cfm

Performer Carburetor #1407 750 CFM With Manual Choke,

https://www.edelbrock.com/performer-ser ... -1407.html

So you may have to get the manual and do a little investigation about which jets are installed, instructions and installation at the bottom of the link mentioned above

I messed up with jets on a motorcycle years ago, and increased the jet size, it was undrivable in the mid range
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
Hunter82

Post by Hunter82 »

will e wrote:Does it want to stall out right when you stab the gas or as its trying to accelerate?
It wants to stall out right when I hit the gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
78 Cherokee Widetrack with a 360 on 35s

letank

Post by letank »

Hunter82 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:08 pm
will e wrote:Does it want to stall out right when you stab the gas or as its trying to accelerate?
It wants to stall out right when I hit the gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
weak or faulty or mis - adjusted accelerator pump if it is a 2150, I am sure that the edelbrock has an accelerator pump which purpose is to give a shot of gas to prevent a stalling due to a lean condition...

if no accelerator pump then there must be a different set of jets beside the main jet
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

will e

Post by will e »

Yeah, if it has a problem when you hit the gas it's probably an accelerator pump adjustment. Generally speaking.

I don't know how much you know about carbs. But basically low air pressure is used to draw (actually push) fuel into the air/fuel mixture. When you first 'hit the gas' there is a short period between when the air starts to move quickly (causing a lower air pressure) and when the fuel actually gets pushed into the air/fuel mixture. The accelerator pumps job is to shoot a little bit of fuel into the air/fuel mixture at the beginning of this process.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge