Anyone need a mint dash pad from a 70s cherokee ?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
candymancan

Anyone need a mint dash pad from a 70s cherokee ?

Post by candymancan »

The 79 cherokee, which ive been hacking into peices for my 90, frame and other parts. Has a mint very very mint dash pad. The speaker in the center is in 100% condition, the pad has no warps at all that i can see, and no cracks that i can see.

Ive never seen a dash pad in this condition before, minus the cordovan one i have in storage for my 90. Someone here wants the A pillars, so i have to remove the windsheild for this. So if i go there and cut these pillars off, i might as well grab the dash pad. ASSUMING i can figure out where all the darn screws are for it. The 90 dash pad was a real PITA to remove with 50 little 7mm nuts all over that you have to contort your hand to get too.

I know this isnt the for sale section, but im not selling the pad right now. I just need to know if someone wants a pad before i go out and remove it.

Here are pics for it, please let me know soon if you want it because im planning on going back to the yard in the next 3 days possibly saturday. But i might go sooner, this Jeep has been there for a tad over a month and this salvage yard is known for getting rid of cars fairly quick. Maybe i should take it out and put it in storage for down the road.. but yea.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

CU4WHLN

Re: Anyone need a mint dash pad from a 70s cherokee ?

Post by CU4WHLN »

Yes .. and YES! I would LOVE it. Same color as mine.. which is falling apart... Location?
It's not YOURS until you BLEED on it !

+ 01 XJ Cream Puff +16 JK Daily Driver + 85 CJ locked and loaded
+ 03 Rubi + 77 Chief 401 + 79 Chero - Madness: Sold

77 Gen V swap http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=188457
77 401 build: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthre ... ief+begins
79 "Madness" build: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthre ... ief+begins

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

So you're giving it away?

There's a row of nuts across the inner nose and one or two on each side. And the row of seven or so bolts across the front that hold the dash itself. I'd put up a pic of mine showing the holes but I just scrapped what was left of it.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

I didnt say does anyone need it for free, i mean i gatta drive there pay for it myself and spend time taking it out.. I ment does anyone NEED it.. before i waste my time getting it. If someone needs it ill take it out and then sell it to em. But i dont wanna spend hours taking it out if no one needs a new pad.

Ya im sure itll be a pain to remove like my 90s pad was. I plan on just cutting the metal dash under it out where the handle is so i can get my hands inside easier vs laying upside down in rat poop to find em
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Might be easier to pull the whole dash. Row of bolts across the top, one on each side and the column mounts. Then I think the only thing holding would be wires and the defroster ducts.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.