What spare parts do you carry in your Jeep?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

dodgerammit

Re: What spare parts do you carry in your Jeep?

Post by dodgerammit »

In addition to the typical spare parts and fluids, I carry a better jack. found in most 90s Dodge trucks and zjs and xjs is a nice under the axle jack with a crank handle. Better than trying to completely unload the suspension to change a flat. Also have a soft side tool bag with the essentials. A basic inexpensive sae/metric socket set and boxed/open combos, screwdriver with changeable bits, multimeter, extra wire in a few gauges, strip/crimp tool, tape, fuses, and the big one.

A headlight. Nothing like being able to see what you're working on while using both hands to do the job.

Of course, you'll be stranded at the most inconvenient time. 0-dark-thirty-in the rain-middle of nowhere-etc. Thought about a makeshift creeper (think cardboard or tarp) to keep me clean enough not to ruin the interior once I get back in the Jeep. But the headlight has been a hands free lifesaver. many times.

After that, a cell phone.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

will e

Post by will e »

dodgerammit wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:08 pm After that, a cell phone.
And a AAA card!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

will e wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:44 pm
dodgerammit wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:08 pm After that, a cell phone.
And a AAA card!
We all know that is why the cell phone is there :-bd
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

dodgerammit wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:08 pm In addition to the typical spare parts and fluids, I carry a better jack. found in most 90s Dodge trucks and zjs and xjs is a nice under the axle jack with a crank handle. Better than trying to completely unload the suspension to change a flat. Also have a soft side tool bag with the essentials. A basic inexpensive sae/metric socket set and boxed/open combos, screwdriver with changeable bits, multimeter, extra wire in a few gauges, strip/crimp tool, tape, fuses, and the big one.

A headlight. Nothing like being able to see what you're working on while using both hands to do the job.

Of course, you'll be stranded at the most inconvenient time. 0-dark-thirty-in the rain-middle of nowhere-etc. Thought about a makeshift creeper (think cardboard or tarp) to keep me clean enough not to ruin the interior once I get back in the Jeep. But the headlight has been a hands free lifesaver. many times.

After that, a cell phone.

Yea i forgot about that or did i put it in mylist. But i got a very bright led maglight one that takes 4 D cell batteries.. can be used a weapon if needed. I mentioned bottle jacks. But i didnt mention which ones. Until you brought it up. I have 3 of those black bottle jacks that come in ZJs. Mainly because well i have ZJs and love them. So i went to the salvage yard and got 3 more for like 15$. They are pretty dang nice. I use them alot to jack my Jeep up when i did my leaf springs and gas tank and frame repair.. Of course i had 6 ton jack stands as well. But yea. Theyre are much easier to use and take less room and weigh less than a floor jack..
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

bigun

Post by bigun »

My cell phone has BlackBart on speed dial!
Good Sam's roadside assistance is worth the money