I need the middle casting of a Motorcraft 4350

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Triumph215

I need the middle casting of a Motorcraft 4350

Post by Triumph215 »

Waggy's running well but the engine responds sluggishly. I have an Autolite 4350 rebuild that came on it but got the original carb with the sale. Was thinking maybe my jetting would be better on the factory carb so I opened it up today with the intention of rebuilding it and the needle plunger tube was wobbly before I even turned it. Piss. Worked it out carefully but the hole looks raunched, pretty smooth. I don't think there's much to save unless it can be helicoiled, I see at least one other helicoil repair.
Anyone have a '77 era 4350 with a different debilitating issue that I could get the center portion of the carb body?
As a Plan B, I could transfer my jets to the Reman carb if they seemed a better application correct? I can tell it's later model carb but the internals should be the same yes?
1964 Triumph TR4 with 1964 Olds 215 heart transplant
1977 Wagoneer
2009 BMW GS1200

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: I need the middle casting of a Motorcraft 4350

Post by Stuka »

Find one that is in good shape is getting harder and harder. They had a tendency to warp, which then caused leaks. And the metal was the greatest quality, so stripped out screws/jets and such is not uncommon.

These carbs did also come on Fords, so it may be worth looking around for them as well. They were pretty common on big cars/station wagons in the 70s.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ