Glovebox

Area for General FSJ related chat.

jsinajeep

Re: Glovebox

Post by jsinajeep »

carnuck wrote:The one in my J4000 had a secret compartment (shhhh!)
My old paper one did also. Everything fail out the back :D, secret compartment was the floor. :(

lunchbox1671

Re: Glovebox

Post by lunchbox1671 »

I like my BJ's plastic insert as well! Don't ask me how I managed to wrestle it in from the front... haha!
1979 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr N/T
-AMC 360 RV Cam 9.25/1 comp
-Stock 2bbl (soon to be changed to 4bbl)
-T-15a
-Dana 44's with 3.54's (for now)
-Dana 20 T-Case
-265/75r16's

Moosehead

Glovebox

Post by Moosehead »

Finally got around to this, was dreading squeezing the BJ’s plastic glove box in and trimming the Quadra Trak Lockout vaccum switch properly.

I could not figure out the QT switch knob disconnect, so just removed the vaccum lines first (label them top/middle/bottom) so could get to the switch without causing damage. Knob disconnects from bottom side via portole in black metal circular frame to access small hex key.

BJ’s glovebox goes in from the front fairly easily, twisted it and inserted left corner first.

It was a bit trickier to reconnect the back of the QT switch but did so by first reconnecting the vaccum lines to switch, inserting glove box at an angle, then remounting the switch to the glove box. You’ll need to drill a hole with a keyslot on the topsides to remount the switch.

Very happy to have a clean and functional box, though it is still small. I chose not to remount the black circular frame behind the knob.

‘78 Wagoneer
401 with street cam, heads, headers, Holley Sniper EFI, rear discs, Alcan springs, Trucklite LED headlights