It is a sickness....

Area for post regarding Jeeps other than an FSJ. This area may contain technical post regarding those vehicles as well.

Topic author
Greenmachine

It is a sickness....

Post by Greenmachine »

Well I decided sometime last winter that I needed to thin the herd and went from 9 jeeps down to three... For some reason I can't stay off craigslist and came across a 56 Willys pick up for sale with very minimal rust. It's one of the nicest I have seen unrestored. There is a catch though... It was pulled apart 25 years and two owners ago and never put back together. It's in boxes and like a huge jigsaw puzzle. The nuts in the cowl to bolt the fenders on are so nice you can run bolts in them by hand and the step parts of the fenders still have nice oval bolt holes instead of huge cancer holes. I don't have a rig running right now that can tow but the guy offered to deliver for fuel cost :mrgreen: I should have it in two weeks and I'll post some pictures. This one may sit a while as there are three projects ahead of it....

Oh and I bought two parts jeeps with it that are restorable too.... I think I need a 9 step program.
1975 Cherokee S factory 360,t-18, 4" hellcreek, slot mags 33" bfg's, performer intake, and Fitech fuel injection.
1980 J10 304, 5 spd, 4" Superlift, 4.88 Gears, 35" Maxxis Big Horns
1961 fc-150 fishing truck (on hold)

Former Air Cav

MadMax78

Re: It is a sickness....

Post by MadMax78 »

I wish I could run up on deals like this. I love being this kind of sick. :shock:
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition

letank

Post by letank »

You are fine, there is no sickness... in case you get buyer's remorse, PM and I won't tell anybody that you sold it to ME... have fun!
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Charles Kline

Post by Charles Kline »

Dude that sounds like fun. If nothing else you can get it further along than the other owner and pass it along to someone to finish.

wewillsurvive

Post by wewillsurvive »

If there is enough left of the parts jeeps to build one when you are done hit me up, I want one of these or a wagon
1972 Dodge Demon with a 451" stroker Big Block
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer AMC 360" AKA Golddigger- SOLD
2003 Dodge Crewcab 2500 Cummins longbed 4x4
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee V-6 full time 4x4

Alternators, winches, 4x4, guns all have the same issue if you don't have any knowledge of them usually bad things will happen. Serehill

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

I agree. That's why I'm cutting back to just one project and 2 daily runners. Once the Eagle is finished, the Comanche goes for sale (after I put the 4.10s in and put the 33/9.5/15s back on) Then over winter I'll be working on making Black Jack a daily driver and sell the Eagle when it's done. (or my wife will sell her Kia and keep Black Jack for herself)
Check my parts for sale near Seattle