2020 Jeep Gladiator

Area for post regarding Jeeps other than an FSJ. This area may contain technical post regarding those vehicles as well.

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Re: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

Post by Stuka »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
REDONE wrote:Overland it is then, haha! Oh, wait. I can't afford any of them. :lol:
I wonder what the difference (besides the obvious rubicon mechanical parts) is between the rubi vs overland.
Unlike the Wrangler, all Gladiators come with a 3rd gen HP D44 front axle as standard. The Wrangler as a 3rd gen HP D30 up front standard, with a 3rd gen HP D44 on the Rubicon. The Rubicon also comes with of course lockers, electronic sway bar disconnect, and a 4:1 low range.

Otherwise, both can have the exact same options from an interior standpoint. The Sport S actually has the highest payload and tow rating. With the Overland being very close. The Rubicon is also less than either.

The biggest difference between a Sport S and a Sahara/Overland is leather interior, and the dash is a bit different. Instead of an aluminum insert, the Sahara gets a leather wrapped dash.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

merrill77

Post by merrill77 »

FWIW, I like it. If I was in the market, it would be on my list. But I have a trailer, so no need for a bed.
77 Wagoneer and 97 TJ.

derf

Post by derf »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
REDONE wrote:Overland it is then, haha! Oh, wait. I can't afford any of them. :lol:
I wonder what the difference (besides the obvious rubicon mechanical parts) is between the rubi vs overland.
A base Rubicon is like a Sport with the mechanical goodies along with a handful of extras with a lot of options (leather, nav, body color top and fenders, etc.)

The Sahara (and probably the Overland) has many of those standard.

Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

The Auto that they are pairing with that diesel is ABSOLUTELY the way to go. Homerun. I do miss the original Gladiators though.
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Hmm maybe I won't have to quad cab my J10.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Nikkormat wrote:Hmm maybe I won't have to quad cab my J10.
Yes.... Yes you will!!

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

I really like what they've done mechanically and to enter the pickup market. I really dislike the styling, though I will give credit that the pickup rear does look pretty good compared to the new Ranger. I would have liked to see some different sheet metal up front, even if it was just that and completely cosmetic with identical parts to the JLU underneath. I'm just not in the market for this kind of vehicle at all though so I'm kind of meh to it. I would rather see a 3rd row option for the JLU, even if it was sideways facing jump seats with harnesses like the 90s Ranger had. But maybe that's what the new Wagoneer will be?
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

merrill77

Post by merrill77 »

Renodemona wrote:I would rather see a 3rd row option for the JLU, even if it was sideways facing jump seats with harnesses like the 90s Ranger had. But maybe that's what the new Wagoneer will be?
I'm not sure any mfr could do that today (sideways facing seat) -- as seems unlikely they could pass crash testing standards with some passengers sitting sideways.
77 Wagoneer and 97 TJ.

tedlovesjeeps71

Because this thread needs more pics. Image

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Because this thread needs more pics. Image
Thats a fake photoshop of a standard JL that came out before the truck was officially shown ;)
2017 JKU Rubicon

tedlovesjeeps71

Stuka wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Because this thread needs more pics. Image
Thats a fake photoshop of a standard JL that came out before the truck was officially shown ;)
Still a cool pic. Image

derf

Post by derf »

Low profile boggers? Seriously?

Someone should be slapped silly for allowing those to come out of the factory.

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

derf wrote:Low profile boggers? Seriously?

The Bro-Truck world is a strange, and scary place.
2017 JKU Rubicon

tedlovesjeeps71

^^^^ so true. Haha!

derf

Post by derf »

Stuka wrote:

Yeah the brodozer crowd is certainly a group with a lot more dollars than sense.

Looking at that picture again, that drag link is at a pretty bad angle. I bet that if they actually drove it beyond the shows, it has to have some pretty awful bumpsteer.

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

derf wrote:
Stuka wrote:

Yeah the brodozer crowd is certainly a group with a lot more dollars than sense.

Looking at that picture again, that drag link is at a pretty bad angle. I bet that if they actually drove it beyond the shows, it has to have some pretty awful bumpsteer.
The track bar is at the same angle, so bump steer would be minimal. That angle on a leaf sprung vehicle would be really bad though.
2017 JKU Rubicon

runfast

Post by runfast »

That's one badass, Jeep!

derf

Post by derf »

Stuka wrote:
derf wrote:
Stuka wrote:

The track bar is at the same angle, so bump steer would be minimal. That angle on a leaf sprung vehicle would be really bad though.
Probably. But he'd still have a problem with flex steer. If he actually went off road.

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

derf wrote:
Stuka wrote:
derf wrote:

Probably. But he'd still have a problem with flex steer. If he actually went off road.
Nothing with that much lift actually hits the trails :P A mud pit sure, but nothing that tall would survive a real trail without playing possum.
2017 JKU Rubicon

toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

I still think this should have been the direction jeep should have took. Then they could have a dog house for the new GW. Grant you this is a 100k rig, but just the body is the reference. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk