Spoiler/hide bbcode

Area to ask questions or post comments related to this forum.

Topic author
sirrus
Vendor

Spoiler/hide bbcode

Post by sirrus »

I've noticed that the [spoiler][/spoiler] or [hide][/hide] bbcode is not supported on this forum. It can be very useful when you want to add lot of pictures or lengthy text to your post without making everyone to scroll past them for an hour every time. If you want to read what's under the spoiler, you just click it and it expands

It usually looks like this:

Found couple implementations here and here, looks like it should be easy to add this feature. Of course I don't know anything about phpbb, so may be wrong here :D

P.S. I've also tried to use youtube tag couple time, not sure if it's working, It should embed video on the page, right?
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Spoiler/hide bbcode

Post by Stuka »

The youtube tag works fine, but it only wants the youtube video ID. When you click the shark link (in YouTube), its the code after the last slash. I wish PHPBB would just add that functionality by default, but for now I have to just use the add-on functionality that I am now.

For the spoiler bit, I can look at the add-ons. If they are as simple as just using the tags, then I can probably add one. If they require changes to base code or the database, then probably not. As it makes upgrading a pain. This is the first request I have had for this functionality, but will take a look.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
sirrus
Vendor

Re: Spoiler/hide bbcode

Post by sirrus »

Thanks for the tip on YouTube tag - I was trying it with full link and it didn’t work, duh now I know how to use it

I think spoiler is just a tag and shouldn’t require any addons. Thanks for looking into it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy