1979 Jeep Cherokee custom camper conversion

Place to buy and sell full or partial FSJs
Forum rules
Please read the sales area rules before posting here. Thanks!

Topic author
78 Arizona Chief

1979 Jeep Cherokee custom camper conversion

Post by 78 Arizona Chief »

I have for sale a custom camper made from a 1979 Jeep Cherokee FSJ Wide Track. This camper was made by my friend Jerry many years ago in Globe Arizona. The trailer was originally titled in Arizona as a trailer (permanent plate) and is currently titled in California (permanent plate) using the original VIN. The tongue height was set high so that the trailer could follow a jeep offroad. We have taken this trailer in places most campers would not think possible. It is a cool vintage vibe/take on the overland adventure trailer. The interior includes a raised floor finished in old school looking floor tiles. The custom overland style camper includes the following:
-4-inch lift trailer axle with 9-inch electric brakes 6 on 5.5" bolt pattern (FSJ wheels)
-shocks and anti-sway bar for stability
-slide-out kitchen galley with pantry cabinets (2)
-sink w/electric water pump and 10-gallon fresh water tank
-2-burner propane stove w/5-gallon propane tank
-inner spring full (double) mattress
-cedar cabinets where dash board was with 2 tilt down drawers and 'glove box'
-12-volt AGM Diehard house battery
-3 solar panels mounted on roof w/solar panel charge controller
-interior 12-volt (can use 5-volt USB) charge ports to charge phones etc.
-large storage compartment at front (where engine use to be)
-roof rack
-RV shade awning on driver's side
-electric tongue jack
-collapsable front stabilizer legs
-brand new 31"x10.50r15 All Terrain Tires
-wired for 7-pin round trailer wire harness
-hitch for 2-inch ball
This trailer has been a great camper. It is an older build, but probably the only camper you will ever see like this. Every time we take it out, people stop to ask about it. The paint is a flat desert tan with correct flat-black accents. The windshield is cracked, however I have another windshield and new windshield gasket that will go with the trailer. As well I have 2 front door Wagoneer panels (leather and carpet) as well as the tailgate carpet panel from a wagoneer that will go with the trailer. There is some minimal typical Fullsize Jeep (FSJ) rust but nothing that affects it's structural integrity. I am asking $5000.00 OBO. Trailer is in Gilbert, Arizona. Really, where else have you seen something like this?????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1978 Cherokee Chief: Parents bought new. 360/TH400/NOS Quadratrac, 44's/ARB's/4.10's, SOA, Shackle Flip, Alcan Springs, FOX 2.0's, 35" BFG KM2s, custom bumpers, 324,000 miles and counting...

Topic author
78 Arizona Chief

Re: 1979 Jeep Cherokee custom camper conversion

Post by 78 Arizona Chief »

There are many more pictures on Phoenix Craigslist posting.
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/tro/ ... 47311.html
Kevin
1978 Cherokee Chief: Parents bought new. 360/TH400/NOS Quadratrac, 44's/ARB's/4.10's, SOA, Shackle Flip, Alcan Springs, FOX 2.0's, 35" BFG KM2s, custom bumpers, 324,000 miles and counting...

devildog80

Re: 1979 Jeep Cherokee custom camper conversion

Post by devildog80 »

Now THAT is a coooollll camper.

I have read about it here, and was hoping to someday see at least pics of it.

Thanks for posting :)
'81 CJ5 Base, 258 I6, MC2100, T176 4 spd, 300 TC, D30 Front NT, 3.31, 2-Piece AMC 20 rear NT, 3.31, 4" high arc spring lift
'84 Grand Wagoneer, 401 V8 (.030 over), MC2150 HA Comp, 727 auto, Selec-trac NP229, AMC 20 REAR - D44 FRONT - WT 3.31, 4" high arc spring lift
Rather be driving, than waiting to be modified